UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

When You Are At The Vets....

celeste

What word do you use when you are speaking to your vet about faeces ? personally, I always say joby, as in today when I proudly informed the vet that Ben was having normal brown jobies, joby is the common Scottish term for faeces so I see no reason to shilly shally around , and prefer to call a spade a spade, so just for a laugh, what do you say ?

Also Poo!

(our cat Henning has invented a sign language word for poo, which he uses for things that he disapproves of, such as cat food that he doesn't like. Therefore, Mark and I now have a tendency to make a sort of scraping motion rather than use the word. But not at the vet. That would be silly. laugh.gif )

poo, though I sometimes have to remind OH not to call it something naughty!!

the first time my vet met Cocoa, a lady in the waiting room had wrinkled her nose at him cause he'd covered himself in poo. He was a kitten and very nervous of the car journey. The only thing different now is he is bigger, so it's not unknown for him to have a little wash at the vets before a shower at home.

Edited by murtle

i call it his Business :biggrin: :biggrin: i am in a constant battle with myself not to call it something bad :rolleyes: my vets term is "motions"

i have a cat that has a stinky protest at being put in his cat box...... his carrier is quite often passed to the student nurse to deal with :laugh:

Poo for dogs but poop for rabbits. Not sure why :laugh:

Poo - cos that's what the vet says. It gets a bit more delicate when we're discussing Como's occasional "stuck willy" problem :ohmy: , then we tend to go into anatomically correct words. It gets even worse when discussing the merits of KY jelly v other types of lubricant :rolleyes: , we get even more "correct" because by then I'm hoping the floor will open up and allow me to disappear :blush02: . One of the vets is ok - she just says "use lots of 'lube'.

One of my wanting the ground to open moments many years ago was when calling in at the vets to collect the tablets for my epileptic boy. I used to call in on the way home from work so was already being eyed with suspicion by the rest of the waiting room as I was sat there with no animal and wearing office clothes.

Vet walked into the crowded room - looked directly at me and said in his usual loud booming voice "hello there - how is the weeing and the pooing" I stuttered an answer, paid for my tablets and ran :laugh:

I had taken my boy to the vets a few weeks before for an upset stomach so guess it was a slightly valid question :wacko:

One of my wanting the ground to open moments many years ago was when calling in at the vets to collect the tablets for my epileptic boy. I used to call in on the way home from work so was already being eyed with suspicion by the rest of the waiting room as I was sat there with no animal and wearing office clothes.

Vet walked into the crowded room - looked directly at me and said in his usual loud booming voice "hello there - how is the weeing and the pooing" I stuttered an answer, paid for my tablets and ran :laugh:

I had taken my boy to the vets a few weeks before for an upset stomach so guess it was a slightly valid question :wacko:

Chortle. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

i call it his Business :biggrin: :biggrin: i am in a constant battle with myself not to call it something bad :rolleyes: my vets term is "motions"

When I lived in Edinburgh there was a lovely chap, completely dedicated to his dog, but he was a sandwich short of a picnic, every morning, come hale or shine he could be heard hollering at the top of his lungs " COME ON NOW DANDY ! DO A MOTION FOR DADDY ! " used to crack me up every time. laugh.gif

Poo - cos that's what the vet says. It gets a bit more delicate when we're discussing Como's occasional "stuck willy" problem :ohmy: , then we tend to go into anatomically correct words. It gets even worse when discussing the merits of KY jelly v other types of lubricant :rolleyes: , we get even more "correct" because by then I'm hoping the floor will open up and allow me to disappear :blush02: . One of the vets is ok - she just says "use lots of 'lube'.

Blimey, I just say " manky knob" laugh.gif, I have known my vet for a very long time blush02.gif, and she just laughs.