UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ickle Susie Shortlegs

cycas

Here she is:

Susieshortlegs.jpg

She gets tired quite quickly at the moment, but I have a feeling that in a couple of weeks we are going to have one rather fit and active little corgiperson to rehome. She has already had a go at having a run with Mollydog and though obviously she can't get close to the hounds, she is not a giver-up and she keeps trotting away on those tiny legs when the hounds are starting to think that actually it's past time for a nice sit-down and a snack... laugh.gif

Our neighbour down the road asked if she was on her hols from Buckingham Palace. unsure.giflaugh.gif

She came with the most amazing HUGE bag of treats: there are 3 hundred-packs, plus bags and bags and bags of puffed jerky, dried meat sticks and other treats. Obviously, she has spurned all of them and would rather have tripe sticks from our Big Box O' Tripe... Oh, and I almost forgot - four enormous packs of frozen liver. I imagine if she were a greedy dog she'd be absolutely spherical, as her elderly owner has apparently not been able to walk her for some time.

Anyway, I am not really a little dog person so I hope I am feeding her suitable amounts. She won't touch kibble at the moment, she's used to tinned Butcher's so I am giving her a bit more than a tin of that a day plus a few bits of tripe to chew for her teeth. Butcher's says a tin a day for a 5kilo active dog, and she must be about 10Kg ish I'd guess but then I do want her to lose a bit as she is a tad porky. I don't think she's quite corgi sized, I think she's crossed with something a bit smaller as her legs are quite fine.

She's been ever so quiet and polite since she arrived, but when I got out the squeaky bone it all went out of the window and she yelled loudly at me to throw the bone throw the bone throw the bone... laugh.gif I'll post pics of that when I've got them off the camera.

Ickle Susie Shortlegs is not feeling well today, she keeps drinking and bringing up the water again. She was fine yesterday and doesn't seem too distressed, just a bit sleepy and not very energetic - so I'm hoping it's nothing major.

Giant Ears at half mast and Face of Woe :-(

earsdown-300x297.jpg

I did take some pics of her earlier this week though which are more typical!

This hideous red and yellow thing squeaks. She thinks it is the best thing EVER!

tuggy1.jpg

TUGGY!

tuggy2.jpg

Did I mention that shes very very small...?

withcat.jpg

Trying to keep up with the hounds:

walk1.jpg

walk4.jpg

walk2.jpg

All together:

walk3.jpg

She is lovely. wub.gif I'm sure she'll get snapped up quickly, especially as she is cat friendly (I love the picture of her with your kitty, who looks totally bemused by the pesky dogs!).

Anyway, I am not really a little dog person so I hope I am feeding her suitable amounts. She won't touch kibble at the moment, she's used to tinned Butcher's so I am giving her a bit more than a tin of that a day plus a few bits of tripe to chew for her teeth. Butcher's says a tin a day for a 5kilo active dog, and she must be about 10Kg ish I'd guess but then I do want her to lose a bit as she is a tad porky. I don't think she's quite corgi sized, I think she's crossed with something a bit smaller as her legs are quite fine.

Tess is about cocker spaniel sized, so quite small, and I feed her two sachets a day of James Wellbeloved. I also mix in some biscuits and sprinkle a couple of treats over the top to entice her to eat it. According to the guidelines on the back of the packet I should be feeding her five a day, which is ridiculous. I used to give her three a day, but she was looking quite rotund, so I cut it back. I would imagine Susie would probably need the same, so a tin should be plenty. flowers.gif

She's not eaten anything at all today, the poor sad little womble, and she skipped the evening walk too. I actually took her to the vet in the end as I was worried she might have an obstruction, since her behaviour had changed so dramatically and she had vomited so many times. Vet reckons it's not a blockage though, thankfully, so Fingers crossed she can manage a tiny bit of chicken tomorrow.

On the plus side, the vet thinks she is actually about the right weight, she's just got a bit more pudge than muscle, and walking should help with that.