UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Poor Gus Cat

Gemstone

As you may know, Gus has been underweight and snotty and smelly since I got him nearly two years ago. I luffs him though :wub: I have tried my best to make him put on weight but it is not happening :err: He will never be a healthy cat but I believe he is happy.

On Thursday, I noticed that his eye was looking a bit sore so I made an appointment to take him to the vet yesterday morning. She said he had an absess in his cheek and drained it and gave him a painkiller and an antibiotic. He seemed to be doing ok but late this morning, the side of his face was swollen up again and his eye was almost completely closed :( . I made an emergency appointent at the vet for this afternoon.

We then went out for a couple of hours and when we came back to take Gus to the vet, he had bluebottles on his face and the beginnings of maggots on his cheek :ohmy: :ohmy: I cleaned him up quickly and rushed him to the vet for his appointment.

He kept him in for a couple of hours and gave him an anasthetic to clean his wound and drain it out fully. I was so worried that he would not survive the op :mecry:

He is quite settled at the moment on an old towel in the kitchen :wub: But can I please ask for positive thoughts that he will get over this :flowers:

Darren has taken some pics, but I must warn you, they are quite unpleasant -

IMG_1988.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1992.JPG

:(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor lad, that looks very uncomfortable, although he sounds as if he is in good hands with you. Fly strike is terrible. I loathe flies. Wehn my daughter did work experience at our vets she said there was at least one rabbit a day with it, but it does affect other animals too. :(

Edited by Brenda