UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Garden Fred 2010

phoebejo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh your gardens are beautiful. after 6 years of living here I am finally getting somewhere with the garden, but because of changes afoot, it's likely to all benefit the next occupants - if I ever manage to sell it...so why do I keep looking at plants I cn buy and plant so that it will be *just* right!!! :wacko:

Your gardens are all looking lovely :flowers: I will post some photos of the pub garden soon as it is looking lush.

Does anyone have any garden screening? I want something to go along the iron fence on our roof garden. Tis not nice for people passing by seeing the boys doing their business :rolleyes:

I am considering bark screening but am unsure as to how well it withstand being peed on which is sure to happen .

Can't paste a link as I'm on my mum's laptop and it's odd :laugh:

In a roof garden I'd be a bit worried about the wind catching solid fence panels - something that allows the wind to come through might be better. Hazel or willow hurdles will only last a few years, but are pretty cheap to replace (or if you know someone who has too much sodding hazel hedge like me, you can make your own!).

We had some brush screening which I'd expected to only last a couple years but actually went on for ages, though I can't say it was being constantly widdled on... Could you put something in front of the bottom of it to catch the pee?

Your gardens are all looking lovely :flowers: I will post some photos of the pub garden soon as it is looking lush.

Does anyone have any garden screening? I want something to go along the iron fence on our roof garden. Tis not nice for people passing by seeing the boys doing their business :rolleyes:

I am considering bark screening but am unsure as to how well it withstand being peed on which is sure to happen .

Can't paste a link as I'm on my mum's laptop and it's odd :laugh:

Have a look in Poundstretcher, they quite often have panels of willow and brush for very cheap, I got expanding willow panels for £3 each there last year.

Thanks guys :flowers:

In a roof garden I'd be a bit worried about the wind catching solid fence panels - something that allows the wind to come through might be better. Hazel or willow hurdles will only last a few years, but are pretty cheap to replace (or if you know someone who has too much sodding hazel hedge like me, you can make your own!).

We had some brush screening which I'd expected to only last a couple years but actually went on for ages, though I can't say it was being constantly widdled on... Could you put something in front of the bottom of it to catch the pee?

I agree about the wind issue, it does get breezy up there. I have looked at brush ones and will have another think about them and the pee. Can't think how to keep pee off the and it's an 8 metre stretch. Blummin boy dogs :rolleyes: