UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

How do people who make programs on t'telly choose/find music for them, I'm just wondering as I've been watching The Million Pound Bike Ride, and the bit of music that was played over Russell Howards bit about the wee boy, was by a band I used to be into called Tones on Tail, pretty obscure band who were made up from the ends of Bauhaus, and it made me go " how the hell do media types know about that !?" unsure.gif

Ben's eaten his tea biggrin.gif, now I just need to find an antacid that's easier to give him, he's not the easiest dog to give tablets too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2010_0314first0020.jpg

Oh my, he's stunning Celeste *swoon* Oh I do love himwub.gif. Thank you for posting his photoflowers.gif

Poor little staffy. Hope he recovers ok to have a good new life.

Oh I so hope he does Michelle. He could have such a wonderful life ahead and I just so want him to have that chance.

Edited by tegk68

RMF: embarrasing moment of the week.

I have been very lucky in recent times to not have one of the above for some while. I made up for this fact on Tuesday.

After leaping out of bed early and being desperate for a coffee and knowing we had no milk, it all went down hill from there.....

I arrive some minutes later at the local village shop, still with last nights mascara around my eyes but safe in the knowledge that the BO basher had be applied and teeth cleaned so I wasn't going to be too repugnant to anyonewink.gif . Chatted away to a couple of locals about the state of the weather - good & sunny. Helped Mrs Muggins out of the door and found my milk and went to the cashier. Yes all was well with the world and a decent milky coffee was just round the corner now. Oh but hang on what's this?unsure.gif "Have you got a bit of toilet roll under your shoe?", asks the lovely cashier. "I don't think so", I reply. But then I look down and yes I do see something, which may have been daz white once but now was definately smog grey and is trailing along the floor, albeit only a short way. "Ah" I say, "it's a handkechief" (sp). Am still smiling at this point. I then bend down to remove said item and to my horror, my absolute horror, notice that it is not such an innocent item as a hanky BUT an old pair of white G-strings that must have got caught round my trainers as I hurriedly dressed *wibble*unsure.gif . I manage to keep at bay the hyperventilation, just and squeak out "nope just a hanky, as I said" and quickly scoop up said item and put it in my pocket, and leave, very, very rapidly for home... bl**dy marvellousrolleyes.gif

I know Michelle, wish I could rule whatever it was out once and for all. It be 5 years of scratching and ictching.

I don't think its the Thornit. I have been using 4 times a day for 2 weeks. I'm thinking something has blown into it today when we went out.

He is sat on the couch now glaring at me with his cone on.

Its not food as he is fed Burns and nothing else. He is only fed something different at Xmas or on hols etc and he hasnt been fed anything recently.

There are other tests that can be done to rule things out or he can go back on Atopica but I just can't afford them at the moment :( I jus feel s*** all the time

Well....

DEA advisorbloke said it was a great idea, my business plan and proposition were amazing, he will action some monies for advertising costs and insurance and said that gradually increasing my hours to a manageable level was the way to go, and he would fully support me as much as possible :thumbsup_anim: Onbe is somewhat chuffed :D Thanks for everyones' positive thoughts - they definitely helped!

I have done the Facebook page - Happy Paws Canine Daycare if anyone would like to become a fan or link from a rescue or cause :) (modlies please remove if thats not allowed)

Hope they can help when I started dog walking last year I got help from Inbiz and was able to get benifit for 6 months test trading

I've not heard of them - will have a Google :)

2010_0314first0020.jpg

:bigloveye: Oh my he's gorgeous!

Oh feck, I did a big long post and then lost it angry.gif

Morning wavey.gif

Bendolina, you gorjuss big fing wub.gif

tegk - poor Patchy sad.gif Hope he's well soon. In the meantime, here's a pic of me in my gstring to cheer you up ...

g-string-1.jpg

Cheryl - I'm no expert but that does sound like a lot of Thornit unsure.gif

SarahB - well done flowers.gif

Edited by merledogs

Hello :wavey: Not been around much - work is stupidly busy at the moment, plus my manager is off sick so I'm the only full time person in the office. Got lots of golf groups in that need looking after and next week won't be much better as some days I've got 3 groups each day :wacko: Still love the job - just wish I had time to stop and think some days :laugh:

Got myself a nice little booking for September :wink: Mindy's work away weekend and I'll get to have Toby and Beenz stay here while Mindy is living it up in the hotel :biggrin: We'll sort out visiting rights :laugh:

Saw Helen's little embarassing moment :rolleyes: :flowers:

:GroupHug: 's for everyone who needs one :flowers:

Morning. Busy busy here as I still have 2 staff off. Ive been on kennel shovelling duty all week but now manager is signed off sick too so Im back in my comfy chair :laugh:

Cheryl - Ive used thornit for years and years, but I admit I have never seen a recommended dose that high on the info leaflets so no idea if Henry has reacted or not. Mine get a pinch a day if they are troubled with their ears, and a pinch a month once they are sorted. For the record tho, vets hate the stuff having tried to get it off the market and failed.

:ohmy: :ohmy: poor patchy

Re. Patchy, he had been locked in a crate, starved and left to lay down in his own urine and faecesmad.gif . This is what has turned the fur on his legs orange. On Tuesday some kind local person found out about him and offered to take him off their hands ad got in contact with the rescue. Thank goodness they did as apparently he was close to death being very dehydrated and malnourished.

RMF: embarrasing moment of the week.

I have been very lucky in recent times to not have one of the above for some while. I made up for this fact on Tuesday.

After leaping out of bed early and being desperate for a coffee and knowing we had no milk, it all went down hill from there.....

I arrive some minutes later at the local village shop, still with last nights mascara around my eyes but safe in the knowledge that the BO basher had be applied and teeth cleaned so I wasn't going to be too repugnant to anyonewink.gif . Chatted away to a couple of locals about the state of the weather - good & sunny. Helped Mrs Muggins out of the door and found my milk and went to the cashier. Yes all was well with the world and a decent milky coffee was just round the corner now. Oh but hang on what's this?unsure.gif "Have you got a bit of toilet roll under your shoe?", asks the lovely cashier. "I don't think so", I reply. But then I look down and yes I do see something, which may have been daz white once but now was definately smog grey and is trailing along the floor, albeit only a short way. "Ah" I say, "it's a handkechief" (sp). Am still smiling at this point. I then bend down to remove said item and to my horror, my absolute horror, notice that it is not such an innocent item as a hanky BUT an old pair of white G-strings that must have got caught round my trainers as I hurriedly dressed *wibble*unsure.gif . I manage to keep at bay the hyperventilation, just and squeak out "nope just a hanky, as I said" and quickly scoop up said item and put it in my pocket, and leave, very, very rapidly for home... bl**dy marvellousrolleyes.gif

biglaugh.gif

Its not food as he is fed Burns and nothing else. He is only fed something different at Xmas or on hols etc and he hasnt been fed anything recently.

There are other tests that can be done to rule things out or he can go back on Atopica but I just can't afford them at the moment :( I jus feel s*** all the time

Allergies can be caused by something the dog is used to, rather than a new substance, so it is possible it's the Burns, but it could also be something in his environment, I had a friend who's GSD was allergic to the plaster on her walls.

Well....

DEA advisorbloke said it was a great idea, my business plan and proposition were amazing, he will action some monies for advertising costs and insurance and said that gradually increasing my hours to a manageable level was the way to go, and he would fully support me as much as possible :thumbsup_anim: Onbe is somewhat chuffed :D Thanks for everyones' positive thoughts - they definitely helped!

I have done the Facebook page - Happy Paws Canine Daycare if anyone would like to become a fan or link from a rescue or cause :) (modlies please remove if thats not allowed)

I've not heard of them - will have a Google :)

partytime.gif brilliant.

g-string-1.jpg

Crikey Alex !, you's got a big ol' ass hun laughingsmiley.gif

Spud has just done a massive big loud bottom burp laughingsmiley.gif, why are dog farts so funny ?

Bendolina says thank you to his fan club, all tributes can be sent in the form of sausages whistle.gif