UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

Di, I got hold of a rott like that a few years back and got him to a good foster home who ended up keeping him. They do look really weird and dreadful when they are so underweight, all huge head and massive bones. Rather as if you are trying to build a rott and have just got the scaffolding up. My protege ended up looking like a canine Mr Universe when foster mum had fed him up, and it didn't take too long either. I am sure yours will do the same. We look forward to pics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing for the new dog is to call him Pingu Di :laugh: Will you still be coming to see me Friday :unsure:

Yup still coming to London for the weekend. Im introducing Dog slowly with mine, and as he is entire and new to us all, he will be integrating slowly. It would be a bit mean to expect my staff to move in and deal with a new dog in the house so I will increase his time with my boys over next week. Hopefully then I will have got a few kilos on him and I can get his nuts off.

Bar getting very lost I shall be with you mid morning as planned :laugh:

Look forward to seeing/hearing more about the new boy, Di. I'm sure Sam has mentioned it before, but Yumega supplement is great for skin & coats :wink:

RMF: In between being stupidly busy at work, I'm getting our rescue stand sorted for Sunday at Crufts

Di. I'm sure Sam has mentioned it before, but Yumega supplement is great for skin & coats :wink:

I am a huge Yumega fan , between sneezing and wheezing down the phone earlier I was able to tell Diane about it

Allergy update day 203974025642805 , Holly is going to the vets on Friday just to triple check there is no change in her health/coat condition that I might be reacting too. Once she is checked out I am going to see my GP and discuss my options medically. Allergies are so bad that I am at times struggling to catch my breath . Its not constant( thankfully ) but its getting worse

Holly is spending about 30 % of her time at my mums which is helping greatly , Petal cleanse has arrived but I am waiting till after Hollys check up to start using it ( I have great hopes for it )

Nigel I meant to say earlier but got distracted ( due to sneezing ) that I cannot imagine how you feel but hope the day has been as good as it can be for you flowers.gif

Nige, this must have been a really tough day to get through :GroupHug:

Second hand tatty dog must have a name Di like Nutty Norman :unsure:

I am going to try and lie down flat now, strangely I've found the half curled up position quite comfy this evening but now have to try and straighten out to go to sleep. I've been tired for ages but too chicken to experience the pain that lying down will involve.

Quick squirt of Ralgex and I'm off. NN :flowers:

Morning :tired:

Looking forward to seeing pics of Nutty Rottie. When we were fostering we once took in a lovely pair of rotts for a few days. The male rottie was so skinny you could see ribs and everything else. Even after a few days I noticed a difference, so hopefully it won't be too long until he's back to normal size flowers.gif

morning. I will take some photos today but the poor love really does look a right mess. The worst is getting him to the vet and having folk in the waiting room thinking I made him look like that :(

I have my builder and architect coming today to do all the measurements for the building regs. Once they are in, I can start my extension. Considering I dont cook/cant cook Im getting strangely excited about having a kitchen thats big enough to move around without touching both walls :laugh:

morning. I will take some photos today but the poor love really does look a right mess. The worst is getting him to the vet and having folk in the waiting room thinking I made him look like that :(

I know what you mean about people thinking you made the dog that way. I was actually accosted in a motorway services when I was taking two emaciated lurchers to the grass for a wee whilst waiting for their next lift on a transport run. It was a man and a woman and they started by having a right go - and good for them! Anyway once I had put them right they insisted on giving me £20 to send on to the receiving rescue.

Good luck at the vets - I hope all will be well flowers.gif

Di turn the vet waiting room situation to your advantage , when I first took Bo into the vets the first day I did announce to everyone in the waiting room she was a rescue explained her background. Its a good chance to show people what happens to discarded animals and you can bet your arse that they will tell others about him as well.

Don't worry about how he looks to much now, he can be an honorary Dogstar dog and we can get him on the Dogstar eating plan ( minus the curry and rice laugh.gif )

I think Pingu would be a very good name. Don't worry about the vet, just explain as people have suggested.

Wispa and I are on a mission today :bigdrive3: :ph34r: We are going to :run4hills: because we :gotsearch: for a :woof:

Polly will stay here and Lesley TF is calling in to keep an eye on her.

Good luck with your mission Owl and Wispa :cool:

I have taken this morning off as I had very little sleep :mad: I also have just a tiny cold but whenever I sneeze or blow my nose my back goes *ping*

Ditto what others have said about spouting on about rescue at the vets Di. When I used to take my wormy foster poops in :wub: I'd get on my soapbox in the waiting room. Even got a couple of lovely homes as a result.