UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

:GroupHug: Helly

RMF do you know they do transport runs for MP's?

On ours today Ray was chatting to a couple who'd done the 1st leg of one for Ann Widdecombe :laugh:

We were going south, so if she wanted she could have travelled with us, we wouldn't have crated her honest (but maybe the BMW X5s were more her style)

:laugh: She'd have been in the back with a chew and told to be quiet.

I think I'm having a spoilt brat moment :angry: I don't see my parents that often as they live quite a drive away and dad isn't keen on the dogs in his house, but it would be too long to leave them for a day trip and it chuffin knackers me. We comprimise by going on hols together in a cottage and dad enjoys having the dogs around. We used to go to the very west coast of Wales, which is a 7+ hours journey for me and when I only took Dexter it was fine as he's sooo laid back but it's too much for Fleur. She travels well but is a bit anxious and always on the lookout.

The last couple of years we've been to Shropshire in the very late autumn so it's been cold. I suggested going to somewhere different this year and try the New Forest in June. We need an oversized cottage for the 3 of us and D&F - minimum 3 bedrooms and two toilets, preferably 2 rooms plus kitchen downstairs. In the NForest this is quite expensive and my parents have baulked at the price.

I never ask them for money - my car is still off the road as I can't afford the repairs til after pay day - but I can wait. Tonight on the phone I find out that my they are still subsidising the mortgage for my younger brother's UK house (he lives in the USA)and I know they forked out for a major refit a couple of years ago. They have also paid towards a van for my older brother as his was stolen and written off and the insurers paid peanuts. He has been having a tough time workwise so mum said they'd been paying for Alice's riding lessons as she is horse mad and would miss it if she couldn't go. I can remember being her age and pleading for riding lessons but had to make do with going down the local stables and mucking out all day in return for a five minute ride down to the field in the afternoon.

My toys are out of the pram :mad:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet they are and I dont blame you!

im off to bed, been up since about 6 with shadow. either shadow or lissie has a very bad belly this evening, by the smell. hopefully its lissie, and the lactulose has worked a bit too well.

You have to wonder why they don't see the inequality themselves. :GroupHug:

We are lucky with Ray's parents they don't have that much themselves, but if one child gets something they try their damdest to make sure the others get something and the same with grandchildren (including the furry ones)

Morning :tired:

Tiks Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif I had the same thing with my dad and my sister before she died. She lived in his house rent free, he even paid the standing charges on the bills, so she only had to pay for usage. He bought her several new cars and horses over the years and I got nowt (this was despite her constantly telling my father how much she hated him). She was always pleading poverty because she had a lowly paid factory job. When she died, we discovered she had over 8 grand in her current account!

RMF : I am going to fail this exam. Studying is not going well, there is so much theory to remember and I actually can't remember anything I've studied so far, my brain is fried. I have today to go over everything again and try to remember it, but I'm never going to remember it all in a day. Seriously considering pulling a sickie and not doing the exam tomorrow sad.gif

More a random thought than a random fact...anyone know how ClazUK is these days?

She's on Facebook, seems ok :flowers:

I am looking at loads of relief tents at the moment for our field clinics ( for a grant I am applying for ) have just reached the inflatable ones and the have made me giggle

:laugh:

Louie is across my lap and snoring like a train :laugh: 3 long walks in 3 days has totally wiped him out bless him

Awww, glad he's enjoyed himself :wub:

You have to wonder why they don't see the inequality themselves.

Exactly :angry:

Di and Alex, it is hard isn't it? I know we have Jack now, but there is still a Spike shaped hole in our lives.

:laugh: @ Nog, Lurchers aren't daft ya know!

:GroupHug: Marion, Sam and Jules

enjoy your posh party Marion.

Hope you and your dad enjoyed your afternoon Michelle. :flowers:

Sorry if I've missed anything impritant :flowers:

I have been suffering lately due to work/dog/health related issues and am feeling very run down at the moment. I've bought some supplements, so hopefully should see an improvement soon. Pity I can't improve my work environment though. That is the biggest root cause.

I don't know if I mentioned it here, but Jack has now lost his sight completely. It's been about a couple of weeks and he was struggling a bit as he couldn't find his way round the house and garden. He is slowly getting used to it, and a couple of nights ago we played a lovely game of fetch with his "jingly bell" ball. That really made him happy. :wub:

RMF : I am going to fail this exam. Studying is not going well, there is so much theory to remember and I actually can't remember anything I've studied so far, my brain is fried. I have today to go over everything again and try to remember it, but I'm never going to remember it all in a day. Seriously considering pulling a sickie and not doing the exam tomorrow sad.gif

Dont you dare missus :( You have probably just overdone the mass studying for a day and knackered yourself mentally. Take your dogs out for a nice walk, then sit and just make key point notes. If you dont take the exam, you fail... if you take it and fail at least you know what bits you need to swot up on. You may remember more than you realise once you sit down with the questions in front of you :flowers:

RMF - I have a slightly fuzzy head after several large vodka and oranges last night. I kept off RMF rather than come and post as when Im drunk I either talk rubbish or tell everyones secrets :laugh:

Alex - ditto what Di said :flowers:

Last night I was being a self indulgent brat :mellow: , my parents are fab kind people and it's up to them how they want to spend their money. I know if I asked for money for the car they'd help out and it's up to them to decide how much they feel is reasonable to pay for a holiday.

My Diva chook is under the weather today. She's very quiet and not hooli- ing around the garden with the others. I shall keep an eye on her.

shadow woke me at 6, her back legs had gone and she was dragging herself around. she had messed herself too. I put them all in the garden, fed them and went back to bed till 8.

she goes through bouts of this. if it got worse, well, not thinking about that

Morning :wavey: Worked on the bar last night but only til midnight, so not too bad.

Not really been keeping up, but can relate to the friends family things :GroupHug:

Marge, hopefully it won't take Jack long to feel completely settled. Bumpy didn't take long to find his way around here when he moved in. If he went anywhere new, he would bump around the room and 'map' out where everything was to find his bearings. It actually used to amaze me that he would remember so well - things like at mindy's he knew he had to step down into the garden :biggrin:

Random Sunday Sofy pic:

sofyflopped.jpg

Flopped out after breakfast :laugh:

Thanks Di flowers.gif I am going to study really hard today (have started already) and will see how I feel in the morning when I see the exam paper. If I don't feel I can answer enough of the questions to make a good stab at it, then I may leave.

I am already fairly positive that I have failed the last exam I did because one of the 25 point questions was on an area I hadn't studied much (health and safety legislation for hazardous substances - I know, it has feck all relevance to my job rolleyes.gif ) and the two level 5 exams I have passed, I have literally just scraped through, which has put a huge dent in my confidence. I know I have failed the last one because the two I did pass, I thought I had done well on and was expecting a credit on both, so was a shock when I got the results. I don't know what to do to get my confidence back though.

I am looking at loads of relief tents at the moment for our field clinics ( for a grant I am applying for ) have just reached the inflatable ones and the have made me giggle

http://www.ice-inflatables.co.uk/pages/marquees.htm

can you imagine us trying to find a bloody plug to inflate the thing in the arse end of no where laugh.gif

Sam could you get a passing heffalump to blow them up for you :laugh: :laugh:

Alex, revise in 20 minute blocks making keynotes, take a 5-10 minute break,

test yourself on the keynotes then move on to the next bit, and so on.

it's the break that helps, think of something else, let the dogs out etc, then

go back over the keynotes only, testing yourself, studying isn't the tricky bit, its the recall that is and the keynotes should help. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: