UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Tea?

billydog

I'm a fairly recent convert to tea drinking and am just discovering how varied teas are!

Wondered if anyone had favourites or teas they could recommend?

Not keen on heavily scented teas and like my tea fairly strong. I love Tea Pigs Morning Glory tea but it's expensive and I am only allowed it as a treat! So looking for an everyday tea.

Thanks flowers.gif

If it's a good strong cuppa you after in teabag form then Nambarrie is great, also Marks and Sparks fairtrade extra strong.

You can get little packs of tea samplers, both teabags and loose, and I recommend getting one of those so you can try a few and see what suits you best flowers.gif

For 'normal' tea (as we call it - breakfast tea) I like cafe direct fair trade tea bags.

I've recently gone off having milk in my tea, and have swapped over to early grey - I have it with a teaspoon of honey in it.  Favourite brand of those so far is Asda.

I also like Lady Grey - similar to earl grey but a bit more citrusy.  OH loves Chai tea.

I drink Earl Grey but my kids all prefer Sainsburys Red Label tea, infact they refuse to drink any other tea.

I drink loads of tea but have just switched to decaff as I was

having trouble sleeping (and didnt make the connection to the tea), but I

had a 4 day headache, so if you are now starting to drink tea, i would go decaff

straight away - I have sainsburys red lable, tastes really nice too

For 'normal' tea (as we call it - breakfast tea) I like cafe direct fair trade tea bags.

I've recently gone off having milk in my tea, and have swapped over to early grey - I have it with a teaspoon of honey in it. Favourite brand of those so far is Asda.

I also like Lady Grey - similar to earl grey but a bit more citrusy. OH loves Chai tea.

I used to drink Chai, very nice but went off it as I had it morning, noon & night

Edited by Laurel n Hardy

I drink Earl Grey but my kids all prefer Sainsburys Red Label tea, infact they refuse to drink any other tea.

Another fan of Sainsburys Red Label tea here, being a recent convert flowers.gif

I also love Earl Grey (but it has to be supermarket own brand, Twinings is too weak and watery) but it may be too scented for you.

Typhoo is also lovely.

Tetley and Yorkshire tea are my worst in terms of taste, they are minging, as is decaff tea sick01.gif

Edited by merledogs

Thanks for all the suggestions folks flowers.gif

Seems that Twinings and Sainsburys Red Label are faves - will give them a try.

Difficuly is, as I'm not a big tea drinker, it takes me ages to get through a box!

Like the idea of 'taster' packs - have to look out for them.

I have quite soft water (I think - I don't get limescale!), so not sure how that affects the tea!