UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Buying Prescription Med'S

celeste

don't feel awkward..... just go in and say..." hi, could i request a prescription for ben please? i need a script for 3 months (i assume he will need to be seen quarterly?) supply of previcox", just let them know that you have found them at nearly half price, if they would like to offer you a price match you will be more than happy to leave your custom with them :flowers:

I buy Previcox for Mollydog from VetUK: I go via the Oldies affiliate link and not only do I get the Previcox cheaper, but Oldies get quite a nice bonus too. :biggrin:

I ask at the reception desk for a prescription so that I can buy online. They are used to it, and aren't at all offended, but I do need to make sure that they have understood that I just want the prescription, not the actual drugs - I think when people say they want to 'come in and pick up a prescription' they often mean 'pick up a box of drugs that was prescribed earlier...'

My vet will give Molls a prescription for up to 6 months, then she needs a checkup before they will re-prescribe. I usually try to organise things so that one of the yearly checkups coincides with her vaccs, so it's just one extra checkup a year for the prescription. (plus the prescribing fee, which I forget the amount of now, but not huge sums, it's still well cheaper than getting previcox from the vet direct).

I don't know about other online suppliers, but VetUK seems to have all the relevant registrations and be above board. The Previcox I get from them comes in the same box as the stuff from my own vet.

Once you send a 6 month prescription to VetUK (which you must do, no way will they supply without), they attach it to your customer record, so you don't have to buy all 6 months in one go, you can order a couple of months then log in, see how many months are left and order again on the same prescription up to the 6 month limit. It's very clever really. :biggrin:

Ooh, one thing to bear in mind is that the box comes through the post just in a jiffy bag. In theory it's supposed to be signed for, but on one occasion my postman just left it in the porch, which I was not happy about. OK, my dogs don't tear up post, but he's not to know that and the thought of a dog eating a parcel containing 3 months supply of Previcox in one go does not bear thinking about. :glare:

Edited by cycas

Thanks for that Cycas, that sounds very convenient, I've ordered wormers from Vet Uk, and I've always found them to be a good seller. I'm intrigued by Lester's suggestion, I'm going to have a Google .

Edited by celeste

Inhouse don't have Previcox anyway, it's a bit worrying though that people can just buy stuff like Anti-depressant's with no prescription.

i agree and at least one of the drugs is banned over here..celebrex, i had it for a while and it was withdrawn due to the increase in strokes :unsure: