UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2010 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had stayed the same at the weigh in on Monday which was pretty good going over xmas ( although secretly I had wanted to lose half a pound so I could have my stone award laugh.gif )

Mark and GS both lost 2 pounds !

however in the sales I brought a size 14 top for the first time in years and years and years so am rather chuffed with that

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Oooooo well done :biggrin: The snow prevented me from getting to our last meeting of the year :rolleyes: I was trying really hard up until then but haven't counted any points over Christmas. I gave myself food poisoning on Boxing Day and haven't eaten much since then :rolleyes: I'm sure that would've done my diet the world of good :laugh: I intend to enjoy myself for a few more days but will be firmly back on the wagon next week.

ive met people I havent seen for a year and they havent recognised me lol

ive lost 12kg in a year :ohmy:

wow thats just short of 2 stone , well done you

I am finding my weight loss is slowing down now but I am going to keep chipping away as I have at least another 7 pounds to shift which I expect will take longer than the first 18 pounds have ( lost 4 pounds in Sri Lanka before I joined fat club so 18 pounds since September )

Sounds like everyone has done really well :biggrin: :flowers:

I started eating more healthily at the beginning of October and managed to lose 19 lbs in the first 7 or 8 weeks, but then the Christmas nosh ups started so I went off track a bit and put a couple of pounds back on. I am sure I've put some on over Christmas cos I've eaten loads of carp that I wouldn't normally have in the house, but on Tuesday I'll be back to normal and hoping to get back to where I was by the end of January, and then lose more.

I have found it very easy and I haven't been following any particular weight loss plan. I have cut out bread during the week and eaten crackers instead for lunch with things like cream cheese and cranberry sauce, or low fat pate, or ham, or Primula. With that I've eaten organic yoghurt and some fruit.

I've cut out crisps completely (which used to be my favourite), but I've found now if I eat a couple I can take them or leave them.

For breakfast I have oats or crackers and for tea I have some fish with peas, or some steak or chicken, not necessarily with anything added, sometimes just on its own and then a Yeo Valley organic yoghurt for afters (I am addicted to them now). Or sometimes I have some stir fry with egg noodles and one of those packets of fresh sauces.

I only follow this during the week and at weekends I still eat what I like - pizza, ice cream, trifle, etc. I find that I don't want to eat as much carp and the portions are smaller. I think this is what has helped me to stick to the diet during the week, because I know come the weekend I can have what I want.

Edited by merledogs

o.k so it's not 2010 anymore but i wanted to let people know that lidl ahve mailed me and said they are selling those tone up trainers on 6/1/11 for £20 (they are like skechers mbt etc) states while stocks last... if i am not too skint might be waiting outside the door when they open :laugh: