UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2010 Diet Thread

Wendbert

Hmmm, just skimmed over this article as it is rather long. The author is a lawyer by training, and does say that she "believes" that this or that is bad, can't see any real research having gone into that. And it's printed in the Daily Mail, which means that I personally would question its validity anyway :rolleyes:

That said, I've always had the advice of a nutritionist to avoid so-called simple carbs, i.e. white bread, white rice, white pasta etc, so any carbs I have, that are grain-based, are pretty much always wholemeal.

Questioning if exercising actually plays a part in achieving weight loss to me is just a non-starter. When your body works it uses up energy - which is the food that's stored in your body. Sure you can achieve weight loss by living on lettuce and water (it's actually called anorexia when you get too fanatical about it!), and if you jog round the park for 5 minutes and then go straight off to McD's for a double happy meal you're unlikely to experience any weight loss, but those are 2 extremes which will work for the argument that exercise doesn't help for weightloss. They're both not advisable tho.

Could ramble on and on, but as it is I do have an appointment with the gym, to not only keep my weight under wraps, but also increase blood circulation, heart and lung capacity, and stave off bingo wings! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been avoiding this thread this year............until now :wacko:

I am very embarrassed to admit, after my successful weightloss in 2008, that I have put back on 4 of the 5 1/2 stone I lost. There are many reasons why, but mainly because I reintroduced food incorrectly and went back to my old ways.

I have this morning, emailed the local Cambridge Weight Plan (as it is now called) counsellor. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be back on sole source and shedding the pounds.

• 1 month later...

Wowzers!! Well done to you both!! :flowers: :flowers:

Hmmm, well, let me see .... errrr... :unsure: I'm still, just about managing to stay under 10 stone, but I've been too busy eating to actually be more aware of the fact that I want to gain muscle and lose fat. I was going to mention making an attempt at doing a 3 mile run (new shoes - failed miserably :( ) and going for an early workout at the gym tomorrow morning, to try out a new programme, but then I also have to admit to having a very nice, but not particularly low fat curry for tea tonight, washed down with a pear cider :blush:

I'll go back and quietly sit on the sideline, cheering you big time achievers on! :partytime:

• 2 months later...

well done Andrea flowers.gif

I have since this point last year lost and maintained a loss of one stone which is not half bad but I would like to lose another one , just have to get my squirrelly little butt into gear

me and my big squirrely gob, since I posted above i have put on 4 pounds ( 2 since I got back from Sri Lanka ! 10 days ago ) so I need to get back on the wagon before 4 becomes 8 becomes 12 etc

from today I will be doing slimming world at home , just have to dig out the old SW books and mags. If anyone has any good veggie SW meals please please share biggrin.gif

This isn't exactly diet related but is about weight loss. I've lost my appetite. :biggrin: it disappeared at around the beginning of May and since then I'm eating maybe a third or less than I used to eat. I've lost 9lbs. No idea what's going on. I feel fine and it's the most painless way of losing weight ever.

OH has nagged me about it and I am going to see my GP on Friday - I'm sure he'll laugh me out of the surgery. :laugh:

:biggrin: Welcome back!

What are your favourite foods. I will see if I can find you some recipes from the mags. :biggrin:

I like pasta , quorn , , root veggies and loads of salad and green veggies ooh and beans

This isn't exactly diet related but is about weight loss. I've lost my appetite. :biggrin: it disappeared at around the beginning of May and since then I'm eating maybe a third or less than I used to eat. I've lost 9lbs. No idea what's going on. I feel fine and it's the most painless way of losing weight ever.

OH has nagged me about it and I am going to see my GP on Friday - I'm sure he'll laugh me out of the surgery. :laugh:

Cripes if its catching I will pop round biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I like pasta , quorn , , root veggies and loads of salad and green veggies ooh and beans

Cripes if its catching I will pop round biggrin.gif

I have SW tomorrow for my post holiday weigh in :rolleyes: so will see if they have the new magazines in. I will send some recipes that I like cos you seem to like the same things as me. :biggrin: