UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2010 Diet Thread

Wendbert

Wow, well done. That's amazing. elefant.gif

I'm really prone to putting on weight too (also vegan). When I was a size 8 I had to stick to a strict diet of no more than 900 calories a day, it was a nightmare. Even now I don't go over 1500 a day and I am still fat! mecry.gif rolleyes.gif

I'm 5'9 at the moment and weigh 11 stone blush.gif I used to weigh 8 and a half stone, so I've gained a HUGE amount of weight. I'd be happy to get to 9 and a half stone, as 8 and a half was really hard to maintain.

So far I've lost 2 pounds since christmas, so it's not exactly coming off quickly!

I had to do something as although I was 9 and a half stone which doesn't sound too bad I am only 4ft 11ins short tallhuh.gif

The funny thing is as you probably know, everyone expects vegans to look anaemic, sickly and thinrolleyes.gif In fact people usually remark how well I look and are shocked when I tell them I am vegan.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another not-so-anaemic-and-sickly-looking vegan here! I've been piling on the pounds steadily when I stopped exercising, and wasn't too bothered about it, but I am getting a bit annoyed with myself now. I've been exercising again for the last 3 or so months and I'm slowly turning into a gym rat again. I'd be there every day if it wan't for the dogs - can't really justify being at work full time and then potter off to the gym for 2 hours (including getting there and back), so limiting my workouts to 2 a week at the mo, and hopng to get some running in again once this bloody ice decides to melt :glare: My problem is that I've become too used to comfort food, specially chocolate. I'm sure I'm addicted to the stuff. I'm about 9 st 7 lbs (says the converter, about 60-61 kgs) and I want to lose the 7 lbs - and anymore after that would be a bonus. Hopefully with hanging about on this thread, reading your diet posts will encourage me to eat more healthily again too :)

Good luck y'all! :flowers:

Here I am – I arrived round about this time last year too!

And to start I would like to bring a slightly up beat message to start my healthy eating year of 2010.

On the first Friday of 2009 I joined the “Diet Thread†here – my BMI was 28.6, and, although I knew what my healthy eating habits should be, my eating was fairly chaotic.

On the first Friday of 2010, my BMI was 22.5 – following a steady-ish total weight loss during the year of 33.75lbs, and, whilst I certainly don’t deprive myself of treats, I certainly eat more healthily overall that I did in 2008. And I kept going, slow but sure (even with a few blips) for the whole year too.

So many, many thanks to all of you who were with me along the way in 2009, and here’s to success to all of us for 2010.

I must admit that for me it is great to be able to pick up any outfit I want in the morning and put it on without having to breathe in and stretch seams – in fact I could do with spending some pennies on clothes that actually fit instead of hang now. Not to mention knowing that carrying less weight is much better for my health. :biggrin:

Anyway, unfortunately, for various reasons I have had a somewhat difficult week – and have probably eaten more of the wrong things at the wrong times than I have in a very long time and managed to put on 3.75lbs in just one week. :ohmy: Hope you don’t mind if I join you again here – I need to lose that 3.75lbs, and a few pounds more – my current target is to lose 6.75lbs (including this weeks gain), but after that I would like to review again to make a decision on whether I need to lose a bit more – mind you I could do with some help with that decision to be honest.

Anyway, my weigh day is Friday, and I look forward to your company along the way.

If I can do it, I know you all can too. :wink:

Now I need to go find the "Exercise Thread". :)

Marge I think I may have found your 3lb! :D I couldn't go to weigh in tonight as I had the last college lesson which was re-arranged from last Wednesday. I did jump on my scales yesterday though :ohmy: and was glad I wasnt going to weigh in today. :laugh:

Well done Marge and Wendy :flowers:

Amy, sounds like you have already made a good start on the Wii this evening. :biggrin:

Still in this thread - though hopefully only for another year or so :) I'm starting 2010 more than a stone lighter than I was last year (now 11st 1lb) and aiming to be another stone lighter by January 2011 :biggrin:

I will continue to eat well, enjoy my training/exercise and avoid using food as an emotional stopgap :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Laura, 5lbs is still quite a bit. Go and grab a 5lb bag of spuds then you will realise how much extra weight you were carrying. :flowers:

I am going backwards! :rolleyes: Put on another 1.5lb this week making 3 on since week before xmas. :rolleyes: Must get my brain back in gear and stop the alcohol and chocolate diet! :laugh:

Thanks for reminding me of this thread :blush:

Laura, 5 lbs is not bad at all, watch out for losing too much weight too quickly on a diet, because you will pile it back on straight away when you start eating "normal" again.

Right, I "should" be down to 9st 4lbs, but it really fluctuates at the mo, so better keep watching! I'm struggling to get into an exercise routine as well, just because I've got other things on and I'm trying to give my guys priority over everything as it is. I've ran once again with Sparks, which was good. The poor thing was knackerd tho - and we didn't even go that far :laugh: :wub:

I'm, again, trying to keep the amount of junk I process down, which I find really difficult with the job I have. It can be both stressful and boring, and eating junk (and surfing the net on the sly! :wink:) is a too welcome distraction. I am determined to make progress tho and look at least halfway decent this summer! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...