UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Angela At Tailends

zico's mum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relatively recently I saw a little older boy in the pound, I was told he'd not seen a vet, Dog Warden felt he was just old & his legs had gone. Pound employee said maybe 12 when asked how old they thought he was.

I didn't think he looked that old but it was hard to say ude to his legs (?)/ issues & to me he very definitely needed to see a vet.

I'd heard of Tailends many times but never had any personal contact with Angela. I decided that the obvious people to ask whether they could help would be Oldies Club (who said they would have a look at the foster availabiloity but ultimately where not able to come up with a place) Tailends and Wiccaweys (because of the urgency, they have a ABC section on the website & I had a good idea who I could call on to quickly & easily get him there :D )

Though initially saying she couldn't offer a space due to being quite full, having another dog arriving shortly already and then soon after telling me of a more serious barrier Angela did offer to help in another way - by paying for any vetinerary tests he may require - this for a dog who she was never to meet.

Incredibly, somebody decided not to take this generous offer up immediately :huh: Appartently, he'd been (like this?) straying for years

As I then decided that I had to be a little "rougher" behind the scenes the dog was taken to a vet & said to have "fixed patellas", no immediate tretament needed. It would have have been very difficult for me to do anything further for him faced with that. Fortunately, in the meantime Angela also came back to me again having made arrangements with another rescue to collect & care for him for a week or so until she could take him in herself.

Two days later he was collected. She then told me that within 4 days of being collected from the pound this little fella had been xrayed and found to have an old untreated fracture of the pelvis, arthritis, also criciate damage, lots of thickening and spondulitis. I don't know what we'd have done / what would have become of this lovely natured old boy without her :(

Please send this lovely lady your very best wishes support for 2010 & success in her fight :flowers: http://www.tailends.co.uk/newsflash.htm

Edited by Ian

Two days later he was collected. She then told me that within 4 days of being collected from the pound this little fella had been xrayed

Sorry to correct a typo it should say within 2 days of being collected from the pound (i.e. 4 days in total after seeing a vet locally)