UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Won A Free Holiday

bonniebird

At Discover Dogs last week, I entered a draw only cos the woman dragged me and filled it out for me, so I get a phone call from them saying I have won a trip for 4 to Algarve, Southern Spain, Tenerife, Cornwall or Scotland, flights and self catering accomodation. I asked what the catch is, they said there is no catch, I asked if they sell time shares, she said they do, but all they want me to do is recommend them if I enjoy the holiday. We have to go to a 2 hour presentation in the West End (London) to get our info.

Me and my husband are not the types to be talked into buying a timeshare, we have a house in Granada already, but what would you do?

I know this is a bit different but a few years ago i had a phone call telling me i'd won a holiday to Disneyworld, as i tended to enter competitions it could have been possible. All seemed good until he said he needed bank or credit card details to put spending money in. He got quite annoyed when i refused to give any information so i put the phone down.Never heard back from him :laugh:

Just make sure you dont give any info out like that unless you're 100% sure all is ok.

A friend won one several years ago.

The presentation was very high power and even when they said they could not afford to buy a timeshare, they wouldn't take no for an answer.

The holiday was restricted as to when they could take it, at very short notice, which might not be suitable for a lot of people.

When they went on the holiday they were plagued by timeshare sellers at the resort.

If you can put up with the hassle it might be okay.

Edited by blackmagic

A friend won one several years ago.

The presentation was very high power and even when they said they could not afford to buy a timeshare, they wouldn't take no for an answer.

The holiday was restricted as to when they could take it, at very short notice, which might not be suitable for a lot of people.

When they went on the holiday they were plagued by timeshare sellers at the resort.

If you can put up with the hassle it might be okay.

A friend had the exact same experience, they were given a very restrictive time frame in which to take the holiday, if you can drop everything at the drop of a hat it might be worth the hassle, if not, I wouldn't bother.

its a bit sad that Discover Dogs has time share sales people jumping on passers by :(

Yes, I was ignoring her and stupid Joe said, that ladies talking to you! So i had to be polite :rolleyes: She filled the form out, on the phone they were very interested in my income :dry: I suspect that if it wasn't enough, I wouldn't have got picked at all.

Thanks AGAIN for all your help and advice :flowers:

we went to one of those meetings a few years back, when we got there they said that we could have the free holiday even if we didnt sign up for timeshare, but at the end when no one that was there signed up the fella got a bit arsey and told us all to leave (WITHOUT our free holiday of course) :laugh:

personally i wouldnt go to another, just a waste of time :biggrin:

Thanks all, I just googled the company Club La Costa, not very good reviews, surprise suprise! I am supposed to call them tomorrow! Watch this space :wink:

I've been to one of their 'sales pitches' near Gleneagles. You get Mr Nice Guy who tries to sell you this concept then you get Mr Nasty (usually the manager) who comes over and rips the p*sh out of you. In my case he really did sneer and tell me he doubted my children enjoy holidays with me because I take them to boring destinations that weren't child friendly :laugh: Its very high pressured and I can imagine why some people sign up. I believe the holidays aren't totally free - you have to pay taxes from what I understand, you are under pressure constantly from them. I wouldnt' go back as it was quite a lot to deal with. :flowers: