UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Reiki For Trixie Please

Claire P

Hi guys I know there are a few of you out there that practice Reiki

I have only done Reiki 1 so far and aim to go up to level 2 in the new year so worry mine is not very strong

My poor little princess has been in the vets all day, and needs some comfort and healing over the next few weeks

On Thursday afternoon I took all the dogs to the local playing fields to give the boys a run (I was looking after some friends dogs at the time as well - our lovely Kyle being one of them) and then planned to go on a long walk after that as Trixie was booked in to sit her silver good citizen award that night, so wanted to make sure she did her 2 min stay by wearing her out. Anyway we had only been there 10mins and I was going to do a few practice recalls and I called her back to me which she did but as on 3 legs (none of the the other dogs were anywhere near her so can't blame them) I checked her foot and nothing there and rubbed her leg better (works with Cooper) but still on 3 legs. Thinking she had just pulled a muscle I rested her for 24 hrs but no improvement so off we went to see Uncle James (our vet) friday evening. He decided she should rest on pain killers for a further few days and see if there was any improvement, supspecting cruciate ligament or dislocated kneecap and reassess today.

Today still no improvement so she has been in the hospital all day for X-rays and tests. Resulting conclusion now that it is definately her cruciate that has gone. While she was under anesthetic she has also had her still horrendously over grown nails cut right back and cortorised so she also has sore feet. This may sound harsh but they were twisting her toes badly and never looked that comfortable to walk. Despite careful trimming since being in my care the quicks just haven't gone back at all. So it will be so much better for her in the long term.

Anyway due to her small size weighing just over 5kg James is hoping to get her on the mend without surgery so she will just have to be rested and hope for the best and be reassessed in a fortnight.

So those of you that can distance send reiki please can you spare a thought for my little poppet who thinks she has been bad as she doesn't get to go out with the boys anymore. and just has to stay at home. I have ordered her a canvas crate so she can come training with us and watch from her new den for a change of senery and will come in useful for all the shows we go to.

I'll keep you posted

PS for those of you wondering how the above mentioned Kyle is doing, He's not changed much, just gone deaf but still as lively and loveable as ever. Will also be staying with us for Christmas too which will be nice as Fran & Mike are going to their daughter's down south.

Can you put a picture up of Trixie and say which leg it is please, I can direct the Reiki direct to were she is injured.

You can still give Trixie Reiki, don't touch her leg but hold your hands an inch or 2 above the injury, it is the intent that counts. I did this when I only had Reiki 1 to my husband who wasn't expected to live, he did, they hospital were gobsmacked to put it mildly. They had stopped treating him and just keeping him comfortable until he sat up one day while I was giving him Reiki. :laugh:

Sending Reiki to Trixie :flowers: Was also going to ask if you could post a photo of her.

I firmly believe anyone can give healing if they so wish, I was certainly doing it before I'd even heard of Reiki.

You might like to post a request on the distant healing network:

http://www.the-dhn.com/forms/petrequest.html

(I usually send a photobucket link in the info box so they have a photo to work from too)

gallery_3745_154_246718.jpg

Sorry only got old ones on computer from when she firat arrived. Not had camera out much lately. The cruciate that went is in her left hind. All 4 feet are sore as every one of her nails has been cut back and cortorised. But she is standing better already, the nails were ingrown when she arrived and were still as long as in this picture and pushing her toes all out of shape and looked unconfortable for her so seeing as she had to go under anyway I thought we might as well get them sorted as she has to resst up for the next few weeks anyway.

She's quite happy to be handled even her bad leg so laying hands on is no problem. I tend to do it before we got to sleep as she sleeps in my arms these days.

Reiki has been send direct to her leg and I will keep sending it to her. Some has gone to her feet but most to her leg.

Gracie had one ligament gone and one partly gone but my vets wouldn't operate because of her age, she was 15 at the time. They put her on Metacam and said not to let her race round, silly man, he didn't know Gracie, it was impossible to keep her from racing round. She didn't for a few days. She was pts 5 weeks ago after having a stroke at the grand age of 17.5 years old, she was having hydro to keep her muscles strong.

thanks guys,

so far she's not gone bonkers yet, sure that bit will get more difficult as time goes on. I had just got her reasonably fit so it a lot more lively than when she arrived. It would be a lot worse if it was Cooper with this injury.

I think at the mo she is enjoying the special meals she is getting the others aren't mainly cooked chicken with herbal remedies as well as her metacam and camamile tea is going down a treat. (probably because I make it with a spoonful of honey) She is also getting a light massage with a herbal essense oils mixed in and of course lots of love, cuddles & reiki, so pulling out all the stops for our little princess. My best friend is a whizz at knowing just the right natural remedy to use.

Also thanks for the link to the dhn. they are very generous people, never knew that existed until today.