UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club Transport Run

HARVEYHUDGELL

Today I had the pleasure of doing my first transport run for the Oldies Club. I picked up the dear little Bella from Rayleigh and took her to meet her foster Mum at Ipswich. She was a delight and I was so tempted to keep her but with 4 dogs in the house including Billy our permanent foster we are full! Hopefully this is the start of many transport runs to help needy dogs. Donna smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Well done Donna :flowers: I see it as me only doing a bit of a chain, but what a strong chain we all make together :biggrin:

well done you, I'm doing my first one tomorrow. Only part of the run though, lots of others helping, but I am picking him up from his home so hope owner isnt too upset!!!!!!!!!

Good luck for tomorrow Olive. I've only done two home pick ups but I was really struggling not to cry along with the owners, it's so sad. I just tried to reassure the owner that Oldies Club will take good care of their dog and do their very best for them.

I was upset and it was awful because the poor man was on his own and had to give up Joe because he was in a flat (tiny) that didnt allow dogs. I could see he was struggling and he had obviously said his goodbyes before I got there. I wanted to give him a hug but thought that might be a little inappropriate so just told him not to worry that Joe would be very well looked after and he said "yes I know, thank you", Shed a few tears on the way to meet Julie and still keep thinking of both Joe and his owner.

I'm just so pleased that Sandi did the right thing by Joe and didnt just throw him out to fend for himself - too many dogs suffer that fate.

All in all I'm proud to be part of something helping these poor creatures, but very saddened by it all mecry.gif .

I know Joe will be loved, he is really lovely rolleyes.gif .

Just glad I dont have to arrange the transport run - that must be one hell of a task!!! Looking forward to helping again - sort of!!

:flowers: thanks for helping with the transport run Harveyhudgell.Bella looks wonderful,must have been difficult to resist keeping her :laugh: I don't do many transport runs,all have been to Tailends and have been dogs in awful condition so knowing I've been a very small cog in the wheel to move them to the most fabulous home is a wonderful feeling.