UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Thank You So Much To So Many People

Fee

I just want to say the most enormous thank you to everybody who helped us get Snook GSD to safety today

http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=48786

Especially Helen and Ross who dropped everything to help with transport at short notice, Owl who is holding him overnight until he moves to his 'real' foster home tomorrow, Cery who has agreed to foster him and Michelle for somehow managing to pull together a transport run for today at some silly hour last night - whilst also in the middle of organising another urgent run :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Snook is totally gorgeous - a big teddy-bear of a dog, and seems pretty lively and sprightly for a 13 year old, I could very easily have brought him home myself. He's going to make someone a wonderful and loyal friend :wub: :wub:

Snook has now crashed out on the hall floor, ignoring the cosy bed I made up for him in the sitting room. I'm going to find him something to lie on in the hall if he insists on staying there.

He is drinking OK but refused all food and treats, was very stressed and panting and not a happy fellow, but even so he has been gentle, polite and biddable.

I have decided to give Pembrey a miss tomorrow as I feel it would be too stressful for him to come with me. We will have a quiet day here and maybe a nice walk. Sorry not to be helping Amy with the stall as promised, there are not enough owls to go round :rolleyes:

Not sure what to do about pics as I still haven't got the hang of the digital camera :unsure: and Cery isn't even online. Did you get any pics, Fee?

Anyway, Snook is gorjuss and just needs a loving human or family to be devoted to :wub:

Snook has now eaten a bit of supper and opted to sleep on the landing, which is carpeted so OK. I've got him for 2 nights, rather than move him into Cery's place after dark tomorrow eve as she will be at a show and not back until mid-evening. Hope that is OK Fee,I promise I will hand him over first thing Mon morning and not try to keep him :laugh:

Thank you, I will take some pics with my phone today.

We had a peaceful night. Snook eventually pottered downstairs and slept on the memory foam I had left for him in the hall. He keeps following me around and likes to stay close. My 2 watch me all the time, but Wispa does it to see if anything exciting is going to happen, and Polly does it to make sure I do everything properly. She really told me off one bedtime because I cleaned my teeth before feeding the hamsters. She thought I had forgotten the little things and raised the roof! I'm not used to a dog staying close because he needs me. He is a gentle soul and a big baby.

I will put him in the car and take him to the park for a walk. The regular walkers will be surprised. Bet they don't even recognise me without my girls :laugh:

Of course it's fine for him to stay an extra night if that's more convenient for everyone, it will give him a better chance to settle with Cery if he arrives earlier in the day rather than late in the evening.

Poor old thing, he must be feeling so lost after 13 years in one home - but he seems such a gentle boy :wub: :wub:

I'm absolutely kicking myself for not taking any photos on the transport run. If you can get some on your phone that would be great - and perhaps we can find someone in the area who could call in and take some pictures once he's settled with Cery.

Give him a big cuddle from me :GroupHug:

Edited by Fee