UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Milly Has Another Lump :(

merledogs

She's back home. After discussion with the vet, we decided that hewould do fine needle aspirates of both lumps instead of operating. Thelump on her neck is most likely another cancerous lymph node, and he said removalof it would be unlikely to extend her life anyway.

I do want itremoved at some stage as it's in a position where it is likely toimpede her windpipe as it gets bigger and I'd rather remove it whileshe's still bright and alert otherwise, but we'll wait for the testresults first.

We discussed chemotherapy and as he had told me a couple of weeks agothat the chemo for this type of cancer was particularly unpleasant, Iam not going to put her through it. Quality of life over quantity, every time.

She's back home. After discussion with the vet, we decided that hewould do fine needle aspirates of both lumps instead of operating. Thelump on her neck is most likely another cancerous lymph node, and he said removalof it would be unlikely to extend her life anyway.

I do want itremoved at some stage as it's in a position where it is likely toimpede her windpipe as it gets bigger and I'd rather remove it whileshe's still bright and alert otherwise, but we'll wait for the testresults first.

We discussed chemotherapy and as he had told me a couple of weeks agothat the chemo for this type of cancer was particularly unpleasant, Iam not going to put her through it. Quality of life over quantity, every time.

ive been down the chemo for lymphoma before and bitterly regret doing it.

it didnt work and made my boy really sick. id go for quality of life any day too :flowers:

that said we removed the throat shoulder and groin nodes and he coped with that ok