UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club Winter Walkies

lil_angel

I have actually checked the calendar this time and we are free........ sadly no Oldie with me this year.

I believe you have to be 7 to be an Oldie..... not quite there but there will be a young lady with us who has spent 6 yrs in a dark shed as a puppy machine, who is now enjoying life as a Trainee Thug.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news :biggrin:

Must remember that all dogs need to be kept on lead until we pass the cattle grid. Dont want a repeat of last years acrobatics courtesy of Bo and Jed lol. Thankfully unharmed but definately a heart in mouth moment. Also a warning that they have added a second cattle grid by the next gate along where we discovered the cows on the walk last year.

For anyone who might be interested. We made some mini hampers for a Christmas event that we sadly now cant attend as they changed the date. If anyone is interested I can bring them along to the walkies. They are £3.50

PB210002.jpg

If you still have any left can I buy them and donate them to Oldies sponsor dogs as a Christmas treat? Will pay you on walk or by Paypal, let me know what suits you best.

Where are we meeting,have never been to Arboretum before so no idea if there is only one car park? How long do you think the walk will be?

We generally meet at the picnic tables close to the restaurant. Just listen out for lots of barking if Snoopy's coming along :laugh: I think last year the walk was about an hour. Its a flat run so not strenuous. Then we all snacks and muffins bought by lovely fugees :)

If you still have any left can I buy them and donate them to Oldies sponsor dogs as a Christmas treat? Will pay you on walk or by Paypal, let me know what suits you best.

Thanks Eve. Ive sold another 2 more so think its just 2 left now :)

We generally meet at the picnic tables close to the restaurant. Just listen out for lots of barking if Snoopy's coming along :laugh: I think last year the walk was about an hour. Its a flat run so not strenuous. Then we all snacks and muffins bought by lovely fugees :)

Excellent,will let the others know.

hmm yes Jed'n'Bo have been reminded that it is NOT a good idea to leap cattle grids!!!

Think I might wait around to say hello to a few peeps then move the Thugs on to beyond the danger session and wait the other side of the second gate, as they get toooooo hyper = especially China = at the thought of a group walk.

While we are walking if you see a small Cav wearing a yellow harness looking lost please aim her in the direction of me or the Thugs - she gets carried away and loves to meet new dogs and people so may become seperated. Thanks.

ps she is still a bit wary of people - zooms up to them and happy if they talk but if they bend down she freezes.

While we are walking if you see a small Cav wearing a yellow harness looking lost please aim her in the direction of me or the Thugs 

Same goes for a grey faced old collie cross - he can no longer hear me, and he can't see well enough to pick me out of a crowd, but he isn't slowing down much.  So if you see him heading off in the wrong direction, or peering at people closely (trying to see if they are me), shoo him my way please.  Thanks