UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Special Foster Home Needed For Lucky

Fee

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe it - poor, poor Lucky. What an awful way to end his days but at least at the very end he was with someone who wanted to care for him and help him. I'm sure he would have realised that he was surrounded by love at the end.

I'm disgusted that he wasn't diagnosed by the kennels - he was obviously very very poorly. If something had been done sooner he may not have had such an awful end.

My heart goes out to his foster carer but at the end she did her very best for him and let him go so he suffered no longer Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif .

No dog (or indeed any animal) should have to go thru' this. mecry.gif Dogs are so much better than people!!! angry.gif

Run free sweet boy xxxxxx

I am devastated to hear this really awful news for poor Lucky. But, one does have to ask how can a kennels allow a dog who was obviously seriously ill to be left in this condition? This really is almost bordering on abuse to take money for care of this dog and then neglect it. I hope Oldies Club can do something about this kennels.

As a kennel owner I find this kind of comment quite offensive. Did it occur to you, the dog could have arrived in an even worse state? Untill the owners officially sign a dog over, there is nothing legally you can do in the way of treatment without the owners consent?

It is not always the kennels fault you know when a dog is in bad condition. I have had dogs come in who just wont carry weight. I had one boxer who came regularly who looked like an abuse case, and the owners had spent thousands on tests, scans and god knows what else, but nothing would make that dog look like anyone cared about it.

Neglect is a very strong accusation, unless you know the full story.

Im very sorry Lucky didnt make it :(

Poor old lad, I hope he's sleeping peacefully now :mecry: Thank you to everyone who tried to help him, particularly his foster carers, who must be very upset tonight :GroupHug:

I am in no way trying to excuse his last owners letting him get into that state, but sometimes people may have the best intentions but lack the - I don't know - money? sense? strength? to address the situation. They might not 'see' - or want to see - how bad the animal is, or be frightened to take the animal to the vet because they know what the outcome will be. A very, very sad end all round for a grand old dog. Sleep tight old man, sweet dreams.

Thank goodness for Oldies Club and all the fantastic people who are part of it.

I am in no way trying to excuse his last owners letting him get into that state, but sometimes people may have the best intentions but lack the - I don't know - money? sense? strength? to address the situation. They might not 'see' - or want to see - how bad the animal is, or be frightened to take the animal to the vet because they know what the outcome will be.

equally they might be as old and unwell as Lucky ? we just don't know and I don't want to pass judgement on them or the kennel staff

Sleep tight old man :GroupHug:

I understand totally what you are saying, Helly, and as I said before on the thread we will want to find out more about the state he was in when he arrived at kennels and what (if any) vet care he has had.

I'm certainly not jumping to the conclusion that the kennels were to blame, but the fact remains that this dog was not only thin he obviously had blood in his urine, he was matted and filthy and he couldn't walk more than a couple of steps without collapsing. He was basically dying, and from what the vet said today had only a few days at most. Surely somebody should have taken responsibility for ensuring he saw a vet?

I honestly don't know what a boarding kennels' position is if they have a dog in their care who is obviously ill and suffering and the owners can't or won't give permission for vet care (I'm not saying that was the case here, we don't yet know what communication there was between the kennels and the owners). I do feel someone let Lucky down very badly, and I'm very upset and angry about it :mecry: