UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Special Foster Home Needed For Lucky

Fee

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so so sad to hear about poor Lucky's sad final weeks and that he was beyond help when he found people who were willing to give him the love and care that he needed. :(

Sleep tight little lad, and I'm glad that someone who loved you was with you in your final moments :wub:

A massive :GroupHug: for everyone who pulled together for Lucky, and who are now feeling devastated :mecry:

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Although devastated, I am so grateful to the Oldies club for taking Lucky in. At least he had love and home comforts in his last days. He went very peacefully in my arms and we can now take comfort knowing he is no longer lonely, unhappy or suffering. He was the sweetest little dog and I really miss him :mecry::mecry::mecry:.

Yet again the Oldies Club has stepped in and given a chance of life to a dog in need. Poor Lucky never stood a chance though did he, burt at least knew love and care in his last hours and had a peaceful pain free end.

I do understand that kennels have certain legal constraints as to what they can do for the animals in their care without permission from owners, but these owners already appeared to have handed him over or is that wrong? Where do compassion and accountability come into it when a dog so clearly in need of treatment and care clearly didn't get it!

There is such a fear of litigation nowadays that common sense and compassion are fast disappearing. I would back the Oldies all the way if further investigation into the kennels which 'cared' for Lucky is carried out. Was he signed over to Oldies by the owners or the kennels - if the latter the accountabilty seems clear.

We are so very sorry we couldn't make things right for you, Lucky. Sleep tight lovely boy :GroupHug:

You did make it right for him Fee, you released him from the pain he was in and he was in a wonderful home were he was loved, probably for the first time in his life before releasing him. He gave his previous home unconditional love which they betrayed, he was taken on knowing he was so ill, gave him love etc, the released him.

Run free at the Bridge Lucky, you did know unconditional love at the end, I am just sorry you didn't know it for longer. :mecry:

:GroupHug: for those that gave Lucky so much at the end. :flowers:

• 3 weeks later...