UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nightmare Scenario

cycas

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's now been to the vet and I've spoken to him, as well as Tonja, who is looking after them (thank goodness for Skype as mobile signal is a bit dodgy here, it's not one of the more well populated areas). He reckons it's arthritis and a strain together, the hock is quite swollen - which is a bit of a blow as her back legs have always been good up to now, but of course it could have been many worse things: her tenth birthday is next week and I was panicking that it might be something more serious.

So, more painkillers and rest. Going to try not to worry about her, but it's hard! Tonja has promised her extra cuddles. Feeling ery guilty that she had to go to the vet without me, as she really hates the vet. :(

Edited by cycas

Thanks for your good wishes. Tonja was unhappy about how Molls was doing yesterday so took her in to her own vet to be x-rayed, but it's definitely not a bone injury: second opinion says overstretched ligament. She wasn't able to get hold of me before taking her in the second time but I'm glad she did, better safe than sorry. She had started to put her foot down tentatively this morning, so although we are now back in relatively civilised parts of Iceland and *could* dash for home, we've decided we might as well stay on till our flight on Tues now.

(Tonja has border terriers and a beagle, and I get the impression that the sheer quantity of woe and the amount of screaming Mollydog is able to put out is a bit of a new experience :unsure: :laugh: ) Still, I am really looking forward to getting her home to her own beanbag where I can keep a proper eye on her.

Really glad there's no bone injury, that must be a huge relief :GroupHug:

I can sympathise with Mollydog's carer coping with greyhound hysteria for the first time, not something you can prepare someone for, you have to experience it first hand :rolleyes: :laugh:

Try to enjoy the last few days of your holiday, and loads of get better soon wishes for Mollydog :GroupHug: