UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nightmare Scenario

cycas

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending lots more positive thoughts for Mollydog :GroupHug:

... I'm thinking Az may be losing his sight and I've not noticed because he's been following Molls. I saw 2 roe deer and a fox on our walk this morning: the fox was about 8 feet from Az, but he didn't see it! He's not bumping into things though. How do you check a dog's eyesight?

When it's daylight, draw the curtains in a room so it's dim. Put obstacles such as a briefcase, box, etc in the way between you and Az, then call him and see if he comes straight to you or whether he goes around the obstacles :flowers:

Mollydog is now a very cheerful Mollydog, and would very much like to go out for a walkie! She is warbling a protest wheneverf I go out without her. We have gates on the stairs, but keeping her from hirpling about too much is getting harder! She is starting to put some weight on the leg as well again :unsure: though to be honest I'd be much happier if she'd keep it in the air. Though that said, I don't really want her putting all the weight on her other leg unless she's going to walk in a slow and decorous manner (fat chance...)

She has lost more weight and her back and ribs are looking very bony.

I've been experimenting with Az, and he can see, but not small things, and I think sees strong light contrasts best. I will talk to the vet about this next time he's in, but it's not a sudden change so I think it may just be age.

Molls is back at the vet being re-bandaged today. She's now *very* bored with being stuck in the house and really, really wants to go out with the others!

I've been wondering if I could take her somewhere and give her the world's tinyest walk on a short lead, like a 'size of a room' walk, but at least somewhere different with new smells. May ask vet about this...

Az is now very cheerful out on walks, because we have Sacha staying with us. She can't go offlead yet, but none the less she is company.

Unfortunately, she apparently isn't good enough company that he will agree to stay in the house if I take Molls to the vet. I took her in this morning having shut them in the house, and by the time I'd got her in the car and gone down the drive, Sacha and Az were both bouncing alongside! He's a demon for locks and doors, that lurcher: normally he does whatever Molls does, so it's not a problem as long as she is in the house as well. In the end I got Mark out of bed and had him hold onto them, but if Mark isn't in we may all have to go to the vet en masse in future... Thank heavens the cats don't want to come! :laugh: