Thoughts For My Aunt Please.

kats n greys

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Aunt is sadly going downhill as posted by my cousin last week

She is progressively going downhill. First, she had trouble talking. Then, she started being confused a lot. She is very confused still and gets things mixed up. Now, she cannot feed herself unless it's finger food and even then needs a bit of help. Dad is taking good care of her. He gives her sponge baths now because she can't get into the bathroom anymore since she can't walk at all or even stand.

This is extremely heartbreaking, and the waiting for someone to die is just awful. I love her with so much love, that it cannot be expressed in words. Only with tears now. And sometimes tears with laughter. I miss her already, because we can't have deep talks like we used to. But I'm thankful that still I can hear her sweet voice whenever I want to or need to. When I'm there I can still wrap my arms around her and kiss her over and over as much as I want. I can tell her I love her and she says "I love you too, Pumpkin Pooh." Which is what she always calls me. It's been my special nickname from her all of my life. These moments are wonderful, and precious, and yet heartbreaking.

But they are making the most of each day, found this this morning that made us both smile and cry

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Mom was talking about Christmas today, so dad and I went out and got a tree, decorations and gifts for her! She loved it!!! What fun for her, and for us.

My Uncle has just posted

Well, today I told Betty that she can let go. Hospice advised it. She said that she couldn't if I was unhappy. I said, "How can I say that I'm happy. All I can say is that I will survive." It's less than 2 weeks to go. All for now. Bill

Please keep my Aunt, Uncle and their two children (they are all together at this painful time) in your thoughts and hope that my Aunt has a peaceful crossing and the family she leaves behind will find strength in being with each other.

:mecry: :mecry:

Edited by kats n greys