UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Small Car Recommendations Please

phoenix

i drive a galaxy which is great for the family and dogs, however, my job entails me to drive (alot of) the smallest of country lanes that both door mirrors take half the hedge with me especially when i meet another car and i have to reverse five miles :rolleyes: so i want a small car that will double for my daughter to learn in so it has to be small engine for cheap tax and insurance, so, my dilema is what do i get, i quite like the daewoo matiz but ive heard they arnt very good, same goes for the fiat cinquecento and the corsa, so i wandered if fugees had first hand experience of these really small cars and what do you recommend........thank youuuuuu :flowers:

Edited by phoenix

My first car was a ford fiesta, and I loved it! Only got rid of it because it had a small engine (995cc) which couldn't cope with the hills in the Peak District - although it was quite funny to block a big, fat, impatient Beemer when the engine stalled on a particularly steep hill :laugh: Fords in general are cheap, because there are so many about and getting parts never seems to be a problem (I've only ever driven cheap old bangers :rolleyes:). Insurance was dead cheap too :)

I had until recently a litle C2 and loved it, went forever on a tank of fuel, the rear seats split and also moved backwards and forwards and folded up completley to give a huge space if the dogs need to go in there, loads of storage space and so easy to drive and park, I miss my little car.

Had a Renault Clio and I absolutely loved it. It went all over the country for several years, never broke down and still had plenty of space with the back seats folded down for those trips to Ikea. Would have another one in a heartbeat if I didn't have 5 dogs.

I've got a Punto and I love it. It does about 50 miles to the gallon and is cheap to insure. The back seats fold down flat enough to fit in a bale of hay or several rabbit carriers!

My longer term aim is to get a Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo/Peugeot 107 (they are all the same car) which is smaller but will do even more miles to the gallon.

I've got a Nissan Micra...1.3...its small enough to be nippy in town traffic, but it can really fly on motorways too and despite being small, as its a five door and the back seats fold it can hold a surprising amount of shopping and five people if necessary. Oh, and two medium size dogs with no problems! ours is ten years old now and I wouldn't change her for the world.

I drove a Smart fortwo for a few years - absolutely loved it. Cheap to tax, brilliant fuel consumption and it was cheapish to insure until I had the engine remapped and it then went like a bomb. :ohmy: heh heh!

Edited by Spins4me