UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Calypso Catt The Dobermann Puppy

sekhmut

cally_sits.jpg

The vet wanted Cally to be put to sleep months ago because her heart was so bad, but we agreed that as long she was happy, she would stay alive.

She was never going to be a normal puppy. The fluid build up around her chest made her look emaciated no matter how much she ate -

cally_walk.jpg

She got tired really easily, often needing to sleep at times when a normal puppy would be non stop bouncing -

cp_cally.jpg

She loved her big brother, Zeus -

zeuscally.jpg

The tablets helped for a while, though the vet warned that Cally was likely to drop dead at any point. We were determined that she should enjoy her life, no matter how long or short that life may end up being.

Over the last month of her life, Cally started coughing. Not a lot, but just enough to show things were deteroirating. The diuretics started to lose their effectiveness and despite being on an increased dose, the fluid build up on her chest was putting more and more strain on her weak heart.

On the morning of Cally's last day, she was very quiet and reluctant to move around.

last_day.jpg

As the day progressed, the fluid on her chest increased dramatically and she got more and more uncomfortable. She refused to leave her bed, just lay there shaking and in pain -

last_pic.jpg

We left for the vets at 14.35 - my friend Tanja came and picked us up as there was no way I was in a fit state to drive. Cally couldn't even walk to the car so I had to carry her. Her abdomen was huge, so full of fluid. Dave met us at the vets having driven back early from Wales, Cally was his pup too. There were four of us with Cally when she died, and we all cried our eyes out.

Cally's vet had said that she'd want to examine Cally before putting her down, but she just took one look at her and said I was right - the time had come, there was absolutely no doubt. Megan, vet, said she was surprised Cally had lasted so long - she had expected her to die much sooner. Seven months old though, no life at all... :mecry:

I collected Cally's ashes today.

cally_ashes.jpg

cally_sit.jpg

Run free sweetheart, run like you weren't able to on Earth.

One of the things that really haunts me is that Cally missed out on so much. She never saw the woods, played in the river, or even chased a ball. I can only hope she is now able to do everything she missed out on in life :mecry:

:mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: Oh that last pic just took me over the edge

God bless you sweetie, run free and healthy now little one, far too young to be gone :mecry:

thinking of you all :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

me too, so very very sorry she was only with you for 7 months,

but 7 loved filled months with your special girl will give you a lifetime

of memories :wub:

Have fun at the bridge baby, lots of fugee animals to greet you....

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: