UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Katy Is Going To The Bridge

Katiebob

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a long chat with the vet today and we're going to give Katy another couple of days (because she is sooo old and may need a little longer to recover from being away from home.) The vet is then going to come and visit her at home before making a decision.

I won't let her suffer but at the moment she is still interested in going for walks and although she sleeps a lot (as do all old dogs) when she's awake she's very alert. Part of this could be because I think she's now lost all of her sight. My biggest worry is her lack of food intake. I've tried everything possible that she likes and I'm still having to syringe food into her - she doesnt seem able to chew food. Her swallowing is fine because she's drinking plenty but she doesn't seem interested in 'lapping' liquid food.

This may be a neurological problem but that's what the vet wants to test on Thursday. In the meanwhile I can keep her comfortable on the syringed food.

I'm not sure what to do to be honest, but if it's her time, then I'll not fight it. I love her so much but my thoughts are irrelevant when it comes to her needs :wub: :wub: