UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gnat Bite Relief?

K9Fran

I went to my bosses joint birthday party on Saturday night, and I've come how with a gnat bite on my calf. There is a red patch about 4 or 5 inches around it now, and it itches and throbs :(

I've taken a 'one a day' hayfever tablet, but it didn't touch it :( I've also rubbed it with Lanacane ointment - nothing...... I'm tempted to rub it with an ice cube - any other ideas?

I went to my bosses joint birthday party on Saturday night, and I've come how with a gnat bite on my calf. There is a red patch about 4 or 5 inches around it now, and it itches and throbs :(

I've taken a 'one a day' hayfever tablet, but it didn't touch it :( I've also rubbed it with Lanacane ointment - nothing...... I'm tempted to rub it with an ice cube - any other ideas?

We always get bitten to death when we go on holiday, We find ice cubes are v good. Plain old germolene is good too. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: cos bites are horrible.

Get an insect bite zapper from Boots etc. They only cost about a fiver and are fantastic.

Boots usually sell them beside the holiday products.

I think you can also buy them on ebay.

They are a little electronic pen type thing and you zap the bite with it.

I react very badly to all bites and this is the only thing that I find works.

It was recommended to me by my vet, who bought it to deal with the mosquito bites on a trip to Afirica.

keep a close eye on it, i get bit to death each year and i end up at the walk in clinic and come home with antibiotics. last time they drew rings round the big ones and told me if the red spread outside the ring i had to go to hospital :unsure: they told me to put calomine lotion on to stop the itching and not to scratch (i tried my best) and to avoid getting hot or having hot showers.

Get an insect bite zapper from Boots etc. They only cost about a fiver and are fantastic.

Boots usually sell them beside the holiday products.

I think you can also buy them on ebay.

They are a little electronic pen type thing and you zap the bite with it.

I react very badly to all bites and this is the only thing that I find works.

It was recommended to me by my vet, who bought it to deal with the mosquito bites on a trip to Afirica.

Thanks for this info - must get one for my next holiday!

I've tried alsorts - ice cubes, alchol gel (quiet succesful), Tiger balm, special bite relief spray pen..... Currently getting the best relief by having OH give it a good hard squeeze every so often to release the pressure and get the clear fluid out of it.

I had one of those zapper things, it worked a treat when our M.D was up a ladder and as I walked past I zapped his bum with it. Oh how he yelled and how I laughed :laugh: :laugh:

I went to the park the other night and came home with 15 bites on one leg. I just kept scratching till they were raw and bled then as I went to bed I discovered a tube of Faucebett cream which worked a treat.

I wonder tho if a good old fashioned doc leaf would be any good?

Canesten cream. I came back from Belgium once with a bite that itched like mad, tried all creams and ice cubes to no avail, then my wife put Canesten on it and no more itching. If you think about where it's supposed to be used then a gnat bite will be no problem... :flowers: