UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Can I Ask For Fugee Help Please?

phoebejo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emily is a very pretty girl but young children can say some awful things and not even mean them. It is such a shame that she took it to heart. My youngest daughter was always very tiny and when she went to school at 5 she was in 3 year olds clothes. The kids taunted her but she reacted by fighting, which I was horrified at,but it never left her and she is still feisty and touchy about her height. I do hope Emily can look in a mirror soon and see what a really lovely face she has. x

:GroupHug: You 100% have my sympathy as I go through it with Katie, who is 8. Its so upsetting to hear and see isnt it? and you feel so helpless when they feel this way.

Katie is constantly saying she is fat and wants the doctor to scrub off her freckles, its strange because I too am covered in them and can never remember a time they bothered me?

She compares herself to others alot, Katie is not fat but she is a big girl, tall and muscular as I am, and her dad, I try to explain its not fat, and that every body is different..she talks about her big belly etc. This always astounds me because I NEVER discuss dieting or weight issues around her and never have. Her teacher weighed them all a few months back and they all saw each others weight?? without our consent which disgusted me as there are some very small girls in her class and she cannot distinguish the fact she is a stone heavier due to her height, muscle etc and they are of a small build, a child doesnt understand this...

I really hope your beautiful daughter, mine too comes out of all of this and it is just a phase, they are far too young to worry about these things aren't they ? :(

When I was a child I hated myself too and would stand in front of the mirror just saying 'ugly' to myself. :( I had lots of freckles and hated them and got teased about them, especially when the sun came out. :rolleyes: My parents always told me I was beautiful but I never believed them either. I was told that freckles were a sign of beauty but I thought I was the exception to this rule.

I know its really had for a young child, especially a girl to get over things like this, and in this day and age where school children are so bothered about their appearance rather than playing like they should be. :( I think all of your children are beautiful and will gladly tell them so. Is it possible for her to get a nice haircut or something to make her feel better about herself while you are working on her self-esteem?

Haircuts are one of the things that upset her the most! She'd have her fringe and hair all over her face if she could so she can hide. My friend Alison has cut our hair for years so it's not that she's afraid of Alison but she's been in tears the whole time it's being cut sometimes. She'll be grumpy for days afterwards and repeatedly say "I'm ugly" :sad02:

Poor Katie. You're right, it is upsetting to hear them say such horrible things about themselves.

Poor Emily, children can be so cruel.

I did wonder though, as this boy is still in her class, it seems to have stuck with her are you sure this was only said the once or could he / they be doing it more & she just doesn't want to say?

Thank you :biggrin: She now has a grin like this :biggrin: She says she can't believe all those people liked the photos and she's gone downstairs to tell her sisters :biggrin: I really really hope that now she's seen so many positive comments she'll perhaps be able to put the one nasty one into perspective and if she ever tells me she's ugly again I can remind her of all the nice things she read here.

You're all stars :liebe94:

Haircuts are one of the things that upset her the most! She'd have her fringe and hair all over her face if she could so she can hide. My friend Alison has cut our hair for years so it's not that she's afraid of Alison but she's been in tears the whole time it's being cut sometimes. She'll be grumpy for days afterwards and repeatedly say "I'm ugly" :sad02:

Poor Katie. You're right, it is upsetting to hear them say such horrible things about themselves.

What about just curling it? Maybe overnight into ringlets or something?

Glad she has cheered up anyway. :biggrin: Maybe you could print the thread of and pin it next to the mirror.