UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Message From Wendywoo

Kathyw

Hi everyone - I am posting this on behalf of Wendy as she cannot post herself at the moment.

The police came this morning and were far from nice.

Wendy downloaded the images as she was afraid the site would shut down and move elsewhere and she wanted the proof for the police - innocent but mistake.

They have taken Wendy's computor and have warned her that she could be put on the sex offenders list.

Eventually the policeman became less threatening after Johan came home but it could still be 6 months to a year before Wendy knows the outcome.

She is in bits as you can imagine - she tried to stop something we all find dispicable and finds herself in a nightmare.

She will have use of a computor as Johan has one and her family are helping her but as you can imagine she is distraught.

Wendy could have just removed or locked up all her photos of Lydia but Wendy was in tears yesterday over images of children who were strangers to her and what those pictures could mean and she was determined to do whatever she could to stop these evil perverts.

Wendy did not pass the website on to anyone else and Thank God she didn't as those people could now be in the same position as Wendy.

I am not a Mum so cannot imagine how it feels to have your child ogled at by perverts but the thought sickens me to my core.

I know that everyone will be as disgusted as I am at the treatment Wendy has received but the police are following the letter of the law and Wendy will get legal advice.

I also know that you will all be sending good thoughts for Wendy and Johan, two of the nicest people it has ever been my good fortune to know and I have met many people.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about the possible backlash from this in the early hours this morning but way too late to warn Wendy :( Everything crossed that the Police see sense and sooner rather than later so that they can direct their anger and resources in the right direction. Thinking of Wendy and her family :flowers:

:mecry: Horrified.

Please, please ask them to follow Lesley's advice and contact the IPCC to have this business overseen for their own protection. It looks as if the officers dealing with this aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. Sex offenders don't call the police and invite them to look at their computer!

Also, is their local MP any good? Wendy and Johan need ALL the official backup they can get. It might even be worth having a word with the NSPCC who may be interested to know how the police handle someone who is trying to protect children.

That is appalling behaviour by the police towards someone who was reporting a wrongdoing. How on earth will they expect people to report this sort of thing, if the whistleblowers are treated like criminals?? I am sooooo angry on Wendy and Johan's behalf.

I will be thinking of them and hope that the police come to their senses very flipping soon. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Thank you so much Kathy for letting us know.

I DO hope that they read this.!!!!!! :mad:

The policeman has just come back to Wendy and he has given Wendy a recipt for the computor and tell her the cid have been trying to ring Wendy. The policeman said that they wanted to reassure Wendy that she was not at risk but that this matter could go on for years as they are investigating the website and the people on there.

This was the first time the policeman had ever been involved in this sort of matter and really didn't know the right way to go about it.

Wendy is feeling a tad better but is still going to seek legal advice to protect herself from future problems.

Wendy send her thanks for your support.

Phew that last update sounds a little more positive but goodness. Sounds like the police really need to revise how they deal with this sort of thing.

Really hope this means that they are taking the dodgy website seriously and will be just as enthusiastic in their pursuit of the real criminals.

All very best to Wendy and Johan.

Can't say enough that I think Wendy deserves HUGE applause for going after this and not letting it lie. She could just have hidden her own photos and ignored the problem, but she had the courage to chase it. I have everything crossed for a good eventual outcome.

Edited by cycas

Can't say enough that I think Wendy deserves HUGE applause for going after this and not letting it lie. She could just have hidden her own photos and ignored the problem, but she had the courage to chase it. I have everything crossed for a good eventual outcome.

Completely agree with this. I hope that Wendy gets the reassurance she needs as soon as possible about her own protection - she is sensible to still be seeking legal advice :GroupHug:

Phew that last update sounds a little more positive but goodness. Sounds like the police really need to revise how they deal with this sort of thing.

Really hope this means that they are taking the dodgy website seriously and will be just as enthusiastic in their pursuit of the real criminals.

All very best to Wendy and Johan.

This post sums it up for me.

Sending positive thoughts for poor Wendy and Johan :GroupHug: