UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cheery Pics

Houndwoman

We had a very early visitor arrive on Monday. The first Swallow to come home this year. We don't usually see the first ones until the end of April in our part of the country. To think that he/she has flown all those thousands of miles back from Africa :wub:

P3300034.jpg

Also. got a great display of Daffs this year too, best ever. Think it may be the cold Winter has done them good. These are at the front of the house but there are more dotted about the place :rolleyes:

P3300038.jpg

Edited by Houndwoman

Mine too :)

Sheila I think I might come and stay with you :laugh:

So long as you cut the grass Marion :rolleyes:

lovely pics. It always amazes me how such delicate looking birds can fly that far!!

My daffs nearly all came up blind this year,does that mean that they are too old? x

What do you do with them when they stop flowering Cher? It's just that sometimes people 'tidy' them up and actually it's best to leave them until at least all the leaves die back and go brown. It's so that all the nitrogen can go back into the bulbs. We don't do anything with ours and the older they get the better they seem to come back though I do think that the cold spell did them a lot of good :)