UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Thoughts For My Dad

billydog

My dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer nearly 4 years ago and although he has been ill, he's done ok. We haven't always seen eye to eye, and he has used his illness to manipulate me at times, and has made some descisions which have not sat well with me, but he's still my dad. I've just had a phonecall from his sister to say that he has deteriorated and is now really poorly. Nobody knows how long he has, but he probably doesn't have a huge amount of time. I'm not usually one to discuss my personal life 'in public' but I'd appreciate any good thoughts being sent his way.

I'm also a bit stuck as I'm 250 miles away and obviously want to be with him but I can't go down indefinately. :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to get down there (where is he?) if you can, you may regret it if you don't.

Can any fugees help with dog care or a bed for a night?

Sorry to hear your news :(

I would echo Claire's words about trying to see your Dad, even if it is just one short visit or you will have regrets later.

:GroupHug: for both you and your Dad.

Thank you kind fugees

I'm ok for dog care/ places to stay etc, and I am going down to see him but knowing him and how he's been up til now I have a feeling he will stick around for much longer than expected so I think we will be looking at months rather than days. I've know this was coming for literally years, and have been expecting this call practically every day, but it's still such a shock.

I'm not doing well at saying what I'm thinking, but thank you