UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to eat tacos without making a dreadful mess? I've got sauce on my face and all of it down my top :laugh:

Yes it is, you are clearly a messy eater missus :D :laugh:

morning. apart from a few trips to the vet for check ups today, i have a quiet day ahead of me.

Hope your all right Di :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh:

Marge :GroupHug:

Claz :GroupHug:

Well done Jules's rep

Morning (ok, afternoon). Crappy night, I'm just not sleeping well. Went to bed at 11 but tossed and turned so gave in and did a crossword. Then I sleeped from 3 to 8 then sleeped some more from 8.30 to 11 :tired:

Spoke to the hospital where my Dad is earlier, they told him I was on the phone and he knew who I was and to tell me not to worry, so that's progress. He thinks it's 2008 so he's lost a year, but yesterday he didn't even remember his steam boat (which he took 20 years making), so I think he must be improving. I'm going to see him tomorrow, assuming I'm okay to drive (I'm past 5 days which was the conservative estimate). I'm doing some local runs today so I'll see how I feel after those, but the swelling is down and I feel fine.

Have looked at the possibility of giving up work to care for my Dad (my mum isn't capable) but I just couldn't afford to. With Carers Allowance & Income Support its £80 a week. My parents are fairly comfortably off so could probably pay someone short term, but how the hell do other people cope? :unsure:

On the brighter side I'm having lunch with an old school mate who's now a vicar on Friday. He was the most unlikely candidate for Vicardom I have ever met, I wonder how much he's changed.

Thanks for being here this week, guys, it's appreciated muchly; having somewhere to sound off my woes is very theraputic :flowers:

Hope your all right Di :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh:

i certainly wasnt up for having my temperature taken :laugh: :laugh: Didnt bite the vet though :unsure:

I have been very civilized/organised and have been doing lots of invoices and letters. I think i have now had enough of behaving sensible for one day.

Wispa and I were playing on the beach in that lot :laugh: so you aren't the only idiot, there are 2 more here.

There was a big cat sighting (black one) at Horeb north of Llandysul a few weeks back. Not a lot in their fave spot in Brechfa forest, but there is a lot of tree felling there at present and that always shifts them.

Daft report in Carmarthen journal about "fears about big cat" when several sheep were attacked near Pencader. It was obviously dogs, the damage was to hindquarters and noses, and the dogs were actually seen. Paper must have been short of news that week.

A couple of tree fellers flushed one out on a golf course the other week. Prints looked interesting that were sent to the group.

I will do my utmost to correct that situation

Trust you!! :laugh:

its snowing!

Oh no :rolleyes:

Marian - How's my George? :wub:

Claz - glad your dad is improving. Take care driving :flowers:

RMF : Work are paying for my new all singing all dancing printer/copier/fax/scanner fingy which I bought yesterday. Together with a set of print cartridges it cost me nearly £70 so pleased it's coming back to me :)

Claz glad your dad is improving - I don't know how people cope on carer's allowances at all, its just not enough to exist on and all the hard work that goes with it, people should be paid properly, it is a full time job after all and then some.

Anyone want a puppy x mountain goat, he's been on the go all morning, my living room looks like a pet toy shop, I think he's had every toy out of the toy box. He has to be in the thick of it at all times! Ooooh its gone quiet - maybe he's going to have a sleep. Actually I don't really mind, its a lot better than not having here last week while he was in hospital. :wub:

When a pup goes quiet it normally means they've either nodded off or absolute chaos is being caused somewhere :laugh:

It is indeed snowing and is a bit chilly out now.

One of my eyes has gone all weird again so I've booked an eye test for Saturday.

Claz - I don't know how anyone survives on benefit. Pleased to hear your Dad has improved since yesterday. Hoping he gets more memory back in the coming days. :GroupHug: Not surprised your sleeping pattern has gone weird.

afternoon all :wavey: have just spent obscene amounts of money on dog food/treats including a super high protein ration from CSJ to feed the dogs before we do really long walks/runs. We're aiming for the Yorkshire 3 Peaks at the end of May and I think its a bit unfair to expect them to manage it on their normal food! Also lots of misshape fish treats from Fish 4dogs - they've got bargain boxes at £10 off!

:wavey: Afternoon all

Just heard from vet, Casper has had his dental and is fine :) :wub:

I had to starve him from last night and that meant that the other cats had their biccies removed too, didn't sleep very well last night as was constantly hounded by hungry cats :rolleyes:

I have washed my pink fleece ready to take to Crufts :biggrin:

My mum is doing some ironing, dad is on the school run and Escape to the Country is on TV :)

I have just been to Tesco for a mooch and to buy some new sports bras as i had a minor disaster with my white washing at the weekend. my socks and knickers are sparkly white after a hot wash.. unfortunately my bra's will only fit me should i shed about 2 stone :unsure: Good ol Tesco, £5 each or 2 for £8. Driving home, the gritters were out on the motorway so im guessing we are about to get our cold snap.