UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Going To Get Moaned About

ranirottie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cher :GroupHug: I am sure it's not a decision you've taken lightly, as others have said. It is kinder for her in the long run if she goes somewhere where she can get the attention she needs. It's a hard decision to make (having had to make it myself) but then doing the right thing usually is :GroupHug:

I can't imagine anyone with an ounce of sense or compassion would moan about it (when it's feck all to do with them anyway), but if they did then that says more about them than you :wink:

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling well. I don't know you at all but I do love seeing your pics and can 'feel' how much you cherish your furry friends.

In the past we have had to accept that our home wasn't right for a pasrticular dog and it's so very upsetting when all you want is for it work out.

She must have come on leaps and bounds under your care and that will stand her in good stead when she finds the right home for her.

Best wishes :flowers:

I'm so sorry this has happened but you're very brave - and yes kind as well - to realise Millie needs more than you can provide her at present :GroupHug: She has come out of her shell with the love you have shown her,gained her confidence and as you say is now a feisty little Terrier with all that implies.There's a home for her out there who are going to be so grateful for what you've done with her.

Cher, the decision you made is both couragous and correct.

By acknowledging that Millie is better suited to another home is one you wont

have taken lightly, and we all put the animals welfare first dont we.

As mentioned by someone else it does free up a space sometime in the future for another foster,

and you be pleased you have seen plenty of progress in the short time you had her.

You have given her a wonderful start, now it's time to let her journey continue

somewhere else.

:GroupHug:

I have the walks sorted for when I am ill. My grandson and a friend come in to walk the girls and Chris feeds and waters before he goes to work. Millie is the only dog that has refused to use the dog flap,all the others have learned to use it,usually after just a very short while,but she wont go anywhere near it. In the better weather i can leave the back door open but not in this cold. The flap is not high off the ground so even the oldies use it.Millie could have so much more freedom if she would try,but she wont. I have had 3 offers for her already today so I am sure that she will be happy when she gets her new home. x

I have a dog flap and have had no trouble teaching any of my four dogs to use it, but my mother's cocker spaniel absolutely refuses to use it. He lived here for 3 weeks when my mum was ill and try as we might with the most LUSCIOUS treats he still would not put a paw in or out. I guess there are just some dog that won't have anything to do with dog flaps.

It sounds like the hardest thing you are going to have to do is choose the best home for darling little Millie. :)

Edited by Anne Grose

hubby and i have just got back from a 200 mile round trip to do a homecheck for Millie. Thank you Chris from The Little Dog Rescue for the list of names of people waiting for yorkies. I phoned a few that I thought sounded suitable,narrowed it down to the one that sounded a perfect match and had another long chat with her. Its a single stay at home lady with two dog besotted teenage daughters that have a secure garden and live in a nice house backing on to fields. So we took Millie down with us to do the check. If it was a good match she stayed but if I had any doubts at all she came home. Sad/happy to say that they were lovely people and Millie stayed with them. So she now has a doting new family to play ball with,go for long walks with,and all the other energetic things that she needs. x