UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bosun

Houndwoman

I am sure a lot of you will remember the old lad as we were often asking for help and healing thoughts for him when he was poorly.

Bosun was helped to the Bridge by our vet on the 15th January. I haven't been able to post about him until now as we have had so many sad situations everything was just so raw :(

We were convinced as our two vets were that his heart was so bad it would just stop whilst he was sleeping and that would have been the best possible way for him to go but unfortunately he had acute kidney failure which took him away in just a few hours :(

We called our vet out and he came here to Bosun but nothing could be done for the old lad so we had to let him go before things got much worse.

You may remember in November 2007 when we called the vet out to put him to sleep as he was so ill. Our vet said that there was one last thing he could try but it may only keep him going for a few weeks at the most. It did work and he had another 14 months :)

He had the most incredible will to live and confounded both his 'normal' vet and his homeopathic vet who couldn't believe that a dog with such a bad heart could be so strong and cheerful :wub:

I have never seen any animal try so hard as he did.

He came here 8 years before having had a very rough life. He was underweight, dirty, had terrible infection in his ears and rotten broken teeth :angry: We thought maybe we could get him through the next year or so but no, Bosun decided he was staying much longer than that and he was 19 when he left us. Never a bit of trouble, always friendly and sociable and just loved life so much :)

I know he is with his little pack now, running free and happy and he will wait for those left behind including us mere mortals.

Sleep tight precious boy :wub: :wub: :wub:

P6120029.jpg P6120032.jpg

I'm so sorry.

It's always hard to lose those that we love, but somehow it seems just that bit harder to lose the ones who fight to stick around and manage to show vets that no matter how much experience they have, there's always a surprise just around the corner.

Have a great time at the Bridge Bosun, as strong as healthy in your body now as you have always been in your mind.

:GroupHug: for all his family.