UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Life Is Bloody Marvellous!

Ruthi (borrowadog)

Nearly 3 years ago I came across a Refuge topic that changed my life. Its here (can't work out the topic link thingy)

http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.p...ng+relationship

and I woke up to what a crappy relationship I was in. He hadn't been terribly violent, had only hit me on one memorable occasion, but the threat was ever present. I was deeply depressed, on heavy duty anti-depressants and pretty well paralysed emotionally. But it had never occurred to me until that moment that it wasn't all my fault for being such a useless individual.

It took me a few months to get organised and move out. Then we had the drama of him harrassing me and trying to steal Tiger. Eventually we ended up in court over the house - and I won resoundingly!

A little over two years ago I met Les. The first man in my life who was basically sorted. A little light hand-luggage, but nothing serious. He's gentle, funny, sexy, housetrained, and he loves me AND my dog (s) - oh, and my human family too! We moved in together far too soon, bought our house far too soon, and married last May. On Saturday we finally get to go on our honeymoon, which is why I am posting this a few days earlier than the anniversary of reading Jules' article.

So to all of you out there going through horrid times, it can and will get better! It may need some courage to break out of the rut, or it may need some wonderful person to help us realise what we have done to ourselves, or it may be both.

Missus Jules Kats Inc, I will be forever grateful to you for opening my eyes. I salute you!

Here are the loves of my life

S5000742.jpg

Ruth

Fantastic post and I'm so pleased to see 'that' topic mentioned as many newbies may have missed it.

That post changed my life, too. Again, no physical abuse but I was very depressed, walking on eggshells, tired of always being in the wrong, always never doing enough, my every move being scrutinised and judged.

If anyone out there is having doubts about where their relationship is at, PLEASE go and read that post. It gave me the confidence to walk away from a 30+ year relationship that made me a shadow of myself.

:flowers: to Jules and more :flowers: to Ruth & Les.

Thank you for your kind wishes! It is going to be fab! Three weeks in India!

:ohmy: Gosh, Claz, I never realised twas you too! Maybe we should start a 'Saved By Jules' club!

Go on, all you new fugees (male and female!), go and read the original! I read it and then Jules sent me a link to a checklist http://www.thingsarelookinup.com/Abuse/test.shtml - I think my score was in the high fifties, whereas with my ex husband it had been about four! Now its ZERO!!!

Ruth

Aww thank you both Ruth and Clare :flowers: You don't know quite how much I actually needed to hear that today so it really does mean a huge amount.I'm really touched and delighted to have helped.I have people who helped me out of 'that place' too who I am eternally grateful to.

Have a wonderful honeymoon Ruth,you deserve every minute to be filled with love,laughter and joy :wub: