UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Some Bad News About Ollie

Tempest

Not sure where to start as I'm a bit of a mess but basically got up this morning and Ollie was standing in the middle of the lounge with his back arched and unable to walk or move :mecry:

I managed to get him to take a few gingerly steps and he tried to lie down and couldn't and Chris and I managed to help him down but he couldn't get up and he was whimpering and shaking :mecry:

We rushed him to the vets - I was in tears and honestly thought he wasn't coming home and had had a stroke or something. She basically thinks that its chronic oestoarthritis pain in his hips (particularly his left one) as he couldn't bear to be touched there :mecry:

We had a long chat and she's given us some drugs to try for 5 days to see if they help but basically said to us that we now need to think about quality of life etc. She agreed that if he was her dog she'd try these drugs and hope that they help but if not he'll be in a very dark place and we won't really have any other choices left.

He's had pain for a while now and has hydrotherapy but he can't tolerate metacam or rimadyl as it makes him sick :unsure:

I know that if things don't improve we're not going to have a choice as it broke my heart this morning to watch my baby boy not able to lie down and he's just so confused as he doesn't know why he is body isn't working properly.

If anyone has got any good thoughts to spare we'd be really grateful.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic