UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Indys Agility Blog

DanishPastry

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pingu, I already have a blog for myself, that I forget about all the time :laugh:

I think we might need some (more) pictures of your gorgeous girl so that we can at least picture her doing agility even if we can't see it!!!

my pleasure! :biggrin: ......I'll try find some of her looking graceful. I may be a while :laugh:

075b0cc3e73ad1aaa0e9519b2b60d550.jpg

last winter

f66f6febd19b4784d8d3f0946ac27225.jpg

that's it.... I ran out of gracious pictures.........

8ce24a3b1185f020d5ec5e11402a2a2f.jpg

:wub: :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I've created a monster :wacko:

we had fun, but she started out with very low concentration during the warm up and then went on to be soooo excited, she had real trouble containing her energy. She was howling and grumbling and had to really restrain herself to sit and stay before going over the jumps. it didn't help when our trainer put lamb roast at the end of the 3 jumps/tunnel.. there was no way for me to keep up with her, she was off, over and through :laugh:

She did better on the dog walk today, she managed to do the last one in a slow pace without me restraining her, just as I hoped she would becasue me holding onto her is not helping her find her balance, and it is her bad balance that makes her want to hurry over it. Think we broke that circle today, so I was very pleased with that :)

I've created a monster :wacko:

She did better on the dog walk today, she managed to do the last one in a slow pace without me restraining her, just as I hoped she would becasue me holding onto her is not helping her find her balance, and it is her bad balance that makes her want to hurry over it. Think we broke that circle today, so I was very pleased with that :)

Anne, I did a ReallyBadThing and accidentally pulled poor Banya off the dog walk once and she fell hitting her chin :ohmy: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: It was just a slight pull on the lead, total accident. Me being clumsy :(

I was so guilty afterwards - whatever you do don't do that!!!

So glad you are having such fun, I agree we need agility piccies things!

Lindsay

x

I am so proud of my girl :biggrin:

We didn't do anything new today, and nothing that looked really hard, but it was straight onto 4 jumps, no more warm up on one or 2 lol. Then they were set up in a not straight line.... how do I explain it.. oje left one right one left one right, but so the dog could still jump in a straight line, only they jumped each in an angle. She was so good.

Then we practiced the dog walk again, last time it was only the last time crossing it, that Indy started to relax, this time she was ok the first time, stopped on the contact on the way down to have her treat and all. Second time over it, we had a jump first and 2 jumps after it, and I was a bit worried about how she would handle the dog walk, when she was already running... She did SO well, got up there really relaxed, even waited for me, and walked calmly over it and stopped on the contact for her treat :biggrin: then did the 2 jumps no problem.

And she is coming along really nicely with the weave :biggrin: I have found some bamboo sticks here at home, and practiced a bit, not a lot, I don't want to bore or tire her, but it really seems to have paid off, she did it quite confidently today! :cheer: still only 2 poles, space, 2 poles, space, 2 poles. But we'll get there, she understands the command now!

Can you tell I'm proud of my girl :wub:

and what are the odds that next week when Martin is here to take pictures I'll get really nervous and make a fool of myself and her :dry:

aww Lindsay, sorry to hear that. We have a "baby" dog walk, it is only about knee-hight high, so even if I screw up she won't hurt herself. Is Banya scared of it now or did you get her "straight back on the horse" so to speak?

It affected her confidence :( :( and i felt so bad, really truly bad and beat myself up over it. That led onto other problems but i eventually got my own dog walk in the garden and she got confident again over that !! :biggrin:

Glad Indy's going so well, sounds as if she's really enjoying it!

Lindsay

x

yesterday we did the A-frame for the first time, Indy liked it.

Martin was there and took pictures of us! :biggrin: Indy did show me up a bit because he was there, but I had expected that, and it didn't *really* interfere with her work, more like she did a row of 4 jumps faster than ANY other dog, because Martin was stood facing her at the other end, she cracked me up, "DADDEEEEEEEEE I'M COMIIIIIIIIING!!! " :laugh: :laugh:

He got some short video clips of our A frame work as well..... hope he can work out how to put it up here :)

yesterday we did the A-frame for the first time, Indy liked it.

Martin was there and took pictures of us! :biggrin: Indy did show me up a bit because he was there, but I had expected that, and it didn't *really* interfere with her work, more like she did a row of 4 jumps faster than ANY other dog, because Martin was stood facing her at the other end, she cracked me up, "DADDEEEEEEEEE I'M COMIIIIIIIIING!!! " :laugh: :laugh:

He got some short video clips of our A frame work as well..... hope he can work out how to put it up here :)

:laugh:

My dad came to watch Morse at agility once (and only once). Morse was very excited, and kept doing two jumps, running over to dad and poking him ('are you watching? are you watching?!?), then returning to me to do the rest of the course. Morse got very upset when dad hid in a little hut thing (he could watch through the window) - dad thought it might stop Morse coming to see him, instead Morse got in a tizz because he couldn't get to dad to poke him :rolleyes:

Glad you're still having fun :)

we did pretty much the same thing today as last time, Indy did all the jumps without any mistakes, and I got told off for not running straight, and also asked the trainer to pleeeeeease tell me to straighten up! I run all hutched over, because I feel like Indy is getting away from me, wich probably just makes her run faster.

Over the A I REALLY have to make sure she knows that I have the treat, and she won't get it unless she waits for me, or she's over it in 2 seconds flat, searching for a treat on the other side, not caring about contacts at all. I have never done it that way, but last time, she ran off the line of jumps and snatched up somebody elses sausage at the buttom of the A :blush02: so she knows they are there sometimes :rolleyes:

We practice weaves inbetween, and at one point she went in beforte I had even given the command, and looked at me like, "where's my treat, huh?? " My clever girl, offering to do weaves, how clever is she :biggrin: