UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Indys Agility Blog

DanishPastry

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here we are practicing the weaves at home... she gets it wrong a couple of times because I had just begun doing it with no spaces, but we just start over, and yesterday at training she did it 3 times with no mistakes at all :biggrin: (sorry about the sun in the right top corner... )

Indy weaving

p.s. note how she was reluctant to go on my right side... it was like there was "something" on the grass just there :unsure: eventhough she had just done it no problem minutes earlier. I then tried a couple of times from the other end thinking perhaps I had over done it and she was getting tired/confused, but she then started out really enthusiastically, and slowed down when she got to that spot :mellow: weird.. but ain't she clever anyways :biggrin:

p.s. Don't turn your sound up, I sound a bit squeeky :laugh:

Edited by doggie mum

Awwww she's fab! I love the way she looks at you all happy :wub:

See what you mean about the grass monster, she really didn't want to stand there did she? Bless her heart!!

You didn't sound squeaky at all by the way, although for some bizarre reason I was surprised that you were speaking danish, I'm a freak!! :laugh:

I dunno if it's because of the time, but I feel all emotional seeing a happy dog and happy owner having fun together :wub: :flowers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cheers Lindsay :laugh:

We had a great training session last monday, she did excellent weaves! 8 weaves with only voice help from me, hardly any mistakes at all, my little girl is coming on so well... I haven't even practiced at home since I did that video! And they had set up a course (without weaves, we practice them by themselves still) and Indy did very well, we got praise.

I can't go to training tonight as Bibi has a family thing.

From november 4rth we will be training in an indoor sandschool on a riding school, we will be there 6. nov. to the 4. dec. then the rest of december there is no training, and then again from 8. jan. til 12. march. It's goona be great, light and no rain all winter :biggrin: and only £15 pounds per dog for the whole time, as nearly everyone has signed up for it!

Sounds like you are doing great and having lots of fun :)

I find it really interesting to hear the progress you are making - Sophie and I started at about the same time as you. We are waaaaayyyy behind you and Indy, but it is hugely traumatic for Sophie to be around other dogs and people, so I am just happy that she can now work mostly offlead without running back to the car :) Sounds like Indy's doing the weaves better than Morse, and he's been doing agility for at least 3 years.

Indy loves people and dogs, so it is natural that she would be learning quicker than Sophie. Sounds like your girl is making progress though, and that is what it's all about, personal victories, not comparing to others :flowers:

All the dogs in my class are coming on nicely, but very differently. The 12 year old girl with her cavalier hardly ever makes a mistake now, they can run whole courses flawless, but of course are not so fast yet. I love watching them work. Aida the Greek street dog is faster than any dog I have ever seen, and her dad is just about getting there with making her run the right direcion as well, I swear that dog can jump over a jump and back again without touching the ground :laugh: but she sometimes misses her contacts, which slower dogs like Indy don't do so often.

• 2 weeks later...