UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Indys Agility Blog

DanishPastry

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but Indy already gets horse poo to her hearts content here at home :laugh:

Agility on monday was good, she did a couple of really good weaves, 12 poles, after having taken aaages to wake up to it :wacko: all of a sudden her energy saving light bulp went on, and she weaved like never before :laugh:

I can't go for the next 2 weeks, maybe 3... as Bibi is going on holiday to USA. Reson it is maybe 3, is she comes home sunday, so don't know if she'll be up for going monday evening... but she said she'd do her best :)

• 3 weeks later...

long night last night! Bibi was too knackered to go, but my instructor said she'd gibe me a ride :) This however, meant that I'd be there an hour before and after class, as she runs her young dog in the class before us, and her older dog in the class after us. Indy was wrapped up in 2 coats, and waited in the car with the dog that was not running (she has 2 japanese spitzes), so was fine. It was good to just have to watch the others and not concentrate on running myself, I am sure I learned a bit from it.

When it became our turn, only me and another girl turned up in our group, so we got lots of runs! First was on a course with jumps, dog walk and a soft tunnel, second run (as we swap courses among the 3 teams after half an hour, every team gets to run on 2 courses) was jumps, tunnel and weaves. She did really well last night, was quite fast! We managed to build the weaves into the course, which is a new thing for Indy, but good as she will need it in a few weeks time!

My instructor won't be there the next couple of classes, and after that we'll be moving up the semi-advanced (or what you'll call it lol) class. The instructor we will be having there is really good, knows her stuff and has border collies. Bibi is not moving up yet, but the classes are held at the same hour, so hopefully our arrangement will still be ok for her :)

Indy worked so well last night, really "on" all the time, did lots of really good weaving with no mistakes, although it seems to take her a few tries to get started in it, which we will have to work on! It should be nice if she got it straight away!

It was great, although she did get very tired towards the end, and I stopped her before class was over. Sometimes a girl has just used up all the brains she is dealt :happy: :wub:

Sounds like you're doing really well. One of my dogs always had a problem with the weave entry and would sometimes run past it. I put up a set of weves in my garden and did 5 minutes training every day, really got him excited and used very yummy food and it just seemed to click into place. He hasn't had a problem since. I always think weaves are the hardest for a dog to get right.

Keep up the good work

hello T-dog :) I put up some weaves in my garden last year, (if you read back far enough there is a video I took of myself and Indy :laugh: )but it too manky out there now, and she would get funny about it :rolleyes: which could easily just give her bad associations. She is generally happy to do them at class, just gets a teensy bit confused at times :happy: (she is Indy aka Cindy aka the blonde one)

Good training last night, there was only me and Bibi in our group, so lots of running again. Indy did good on the weaves, we made a short course where they were built in twice, once left and once right handling. The trainer we had was ok, better than I thought she would be. (she was just a stand in, not who I will be having from now on).

Bibi might not be able to make it next monday, which is the last practice before the competition :unsure:

Went to an extra training session today as I cannot mke it monday. The club has all its obedience classes saturday morning, so I had to be in Bibis town at 8:30. We were there at 8:45, only to find out her class didn't start til 9:30 lol

After the training classes some of us agility folk was giving a little demo to the puppy class owners, to show them just how much fun agility is!

Indy and Enzo were let off for a good play before classes.

agility10.jpg

agility10-2.jpg

agility10-3.jpg

Enzo is the loveliest, happiest labrador I know. I really adore him.

agility10-8.jpg

he loves playing tuggy with his mum!

agility10-11.jpg

agility10-6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oooops!! I seem to have neglected this thread for a few weeks, sorry :flowers:

There hasn't been a lot going on really. Indy had a couple of "off" training sessions where her heart didn't quite seem to be in it, but she was back to her good old self yesterday. Funny enough the 2 times she wasn't quite right, we had a trainer that just rubs me the wrong way :glare: and Indy totally felt my irritation eventhough I tried HARD not to let it shine through. She is so sensitive, poor thing. Different trainer last night (actually the one we are supposed to have train us, but as she also runs her own dog in the same class she doesn't mind that someone else trains us some times) and hey-presto Indy and me back to our old selves! :rolleyes:

We trained the wheel last night, not Indys favourite, but she did it in the end, both left and right handled :biggrin:

I also got to show off that she knows left and right, as one jump was placed so they jumped away, then had to turn back in again, going either left or right depending on which course we ran. SHE GOT IT RIGHT EVERY TIME :biggrin: :biggrin: Trainer was impressed :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Indy was so good on monday, really fast and full of spark. On wednesday we had a small competition, just for those in the club who wanted to join. Indy and I came third in the jumping, and second in agility. We got a little trophy for our second place :biggrin: Indy made a few mistakes, mainly due to my alternative handling :rolleyes: especially the first run at agility, I missed all the places where I was supposed to change sides, and totally messed it up :laugh: Second go (on same course, just to make it fun and easy) I did a lot better, and subsequently so did she.

We had great fun :cool:

Great training tonight :biggrin:

Started out with a little jump course with turns turns turns, and then went on to a looong course with some more complicated turns :wacko: Got it wrong the first time, but nobody noticed as there was a little dog visiting from one on the other classes, and he was not about to be caught or recalled :happy: Indy and I never noticed till we were done though lol... guess it says something about our concentration!! :wink:

• 1 month later...

Tonight was last training night before summer holiday, no agility for all of july. We did a fun competition where we were split into teams of 4. All teams were mixed of beginners up to competition level dogs, and my team came last lol.. :happy: We got a nice chew as a prize though, and Indy is enjoying it right now, next to me in the sofa. It was good fun, and Indy actually did ok.

Last sunday(june 17th) we went to a competition. Over all she did good, but she completely messed up every weave entry, and it cost us faults and time in all classes. But that said, she pretty much improved on all other things. Flew through tunnels, was not clinging to me but kept searching out the jumps herself, don't know quite how to describe it, but I didn't have to go all the way out to the jumps with her, she knew to jump them.

There was a photographer present, and I found these pics of us on the net

Indy looking part concentrated part not quite happy with the weaves

Agilty17-06-2007171HARLEVa.jpg

Agilty17-06-2007170HARLEVb.jpg

Indys least favourite obstacle, the wheel. You can see here how it is made safe. The two halves can break free of each other of the dog hits it. There is a plastic-thingy holding the two parts together inside, it is not only held by the fabric lol..

Agilty17-06-2007019HARLEVc.jpg