UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Indys Agility Blog

DanishPastry

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent class tonight, after not having been there the past 2 times, we did quite well. We tried the thingy today that they walk up on, wait for it to tip, and then step off. Is it called see-saw? They have a baby-one that isn't very long or high, and Indy did really well and wasn't scared when it tipped down :biggrin:

Her weaves are coming on nicely, we stil have a gap between them (maybe I can get Martin to take a piccie of it some day so you can see what I mean) but she walks around on command and without hand or body gesture.

We did a short course of soft tunnel, dogwalk, jump a turn and a jump and the long jump (with just 2 poles on it, we have never tried that one before either).

Indy is my star :wub: :wub:

Hello,

just popping by to see how you are both getting on.

Must admit it's a wee while since I've read your posts and blimey Indy's coming along well isn;t she :thumbsup_anim: . What a star :wub:

You both sound like you're having a fab time. Smashing.

Off to go look at your photos now :cool:

Bye

Helen

Edited by tegk68

• 2 weeks later...

Last week was last night before a short summer break. They had made a course for us all to run, and we were devided into teams of 6 dogs. All teams had a mix of dogs, from inexperienced (us) all the way to competition level dogs, to make it as fair as possible.

My team won :biggrin:

Martin was here, so he took pictures, but unfortunately the weather wasn't very good, so they are a bit grey. Will sort them later. Bibi and Enzo did really well too, he waited for her, looked at her, did everything she asked, until the A frame, where he spotted the little sign with "number 10" on it and he took it for a run :laugh: . For that little stunt they won the "event of the day" trophy and could go home proud :cool:

It was all very well planned and it was good having a go at a whole course, even though it was very easy, to make it fair on us beginners :)

finally got around to sorting the piccies (once again copyrighted to mr Krusewalker, cheers luv :flowers: )

Bibi and Enzo in the ring, Enzo was such a good boy! I was proud to call them my friends :biggrin: ....all up til the A-frame at least.. :laugh:

Look at how beautifully e keeps looking to her for help and guidance :wub:

PICT0080.jpg

PICT0082.jpg

PICT0083.jpg

PICT0084.jpg

PICT0086.jpg

and then oooops, he spotted the sign with number 10, and did a runner :happy:

PICT0088.jpg

PICT0087.jpg

come on mum, what's holding you up??

PICT0090.jpg

getting it right

PICT0091.jpg

PICT0092.jpg

PICT0094.jpg

and home!

PICT0097.jpg

me and Indy waiting for judge to give us OK to run

PICT0098.jpg

PICT0099.jpg

PICT0100.jpg

PICT0101.jpg

Errrr don't ask :wacko: :laugh:

PICT0102.jpg

PICT0103.jpg

PICT0104.jpg

PICT0105.jpg

PICT0107.jpg

PICT0108.jpg

PICT0110.jpg

and done :cool:

PICT0111.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you have a fantastic class!

Where we used to go the course was just set up and we were basically supposed to run around it. It looked like Charlie was doing well cos he was following me and I would just point and he'd go over, but I wanted him to learn the commands for when he wasn't looking at me and so we could have better control.

I love the way you have been starting off with easy obstacles while you get the control in, think that's ace :biggotam: