UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

An Update On My Sister In Law After Chemo

bonniebird

Hi all. I thought you might like an update on my sister in law. She finished her chemo a couple of months back. Her hair is still very short, like a skinhead, but it is growing back. She has an appointment tomorrow with the consultant about her breast reconstruction. All in all, she is on the up :wub_anim: :partytime:

We are all sooo happy :laugh: When her hair gets a little longer, our hairdresser is going to dye it blond, in yer face blond. She hates her wig and is, only the last couple of days mind, starting to wear a baseball cap outside, not just in the house.

So, a very BIG Thanks to you all for sending healing etc :liebe94:

Kathy has been through a lot in the last few years, she's a lovely girl :wub:

We all love her very much.

Karen x

Kathy saw the consultant yesterday and was given a couple of options re the breast reconstruction. She was given the choice of either silicone implant or having a muscle from her back grafted into the breast. The latter is a more difficult procedure and the recovery more painful, but the result will be more natural and will feel better in the long run. So she's chosen that!

She's a brave, brave lady :flowers:

Here's a pic of Kathy and her kids, Brad (yeah whatever ladies :laugh: ) and Leah at Christmas (that Karen has asked me to post cos she can't work her laptop thingy properly :laugh: )

DSCF2006.jpg