UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wrong Dog !

ranirottie

Isn't amazing how one dog can completely alter the dynamics of a pack !! I am looking after two golden retrievers. One young one called Rosie and an elderly one called charlie,both from the same home. Rosie is very bouncy and silly,a typical retriever and Charlie is very calm and sedate. Well, I thought Rosie didn't appear to be very well yesterday. She was still boingy and silly but she has been ravenously thirsty,peeing every five minutes (and on my kitchen floor) and panting a lot. I contacted the owners daughter for prmission (the owners are in America for a month) and took her to the vets where she stayed for tests. Since she has been gone Ebbi and charlie are play bowing and racing round the garden like a pair of puppies,Kizzy and Pixi are playing chase round and round the patio furniture. When Rosie is here she plays rough and dominant and the others just walk everywhere.So it just goes to show how the one dog can alter a pack so very much. Rosie seems fine in herself but has a high temperature,they are testing for blind Pyo.x

Edited by ranirottie

Isn't amazing how one dog can completely alter the dynamics of a pack !! I am looking after two golden retrievers. One young one called Rosie and an elderly one called charlie,both from the same home. Rosie is very bouncy and silly,a typical retriever and Charlie is very calm and sedate. Well, I thought Rosie didn't appear to be very well yesterday. She was still boingy and silly but she has been ravenously thirsty,peeing every five minutes (and on my kitchen floor) and panting a lot. I contacted the owners daughter for prmission (the owners are in America for a month) and took her to the vets where she stayed for tests. Since she has been gone Ebbi and charlie are play bowing and racing round the garden like a pair of puppies,Kizzy and Pixi are playing chase round and round the patio furniture. When Rosie is here she plays rough and dominant and the others just walk everywhere.So it just goes to show how the one dog can alter a pack so very much. Rosie seems fine in herself but has a high temperature,they are testing for blind Pyo.x

Hope Rosie is feeling beter soon :unsure:

:laugh: Ebbi and Charlie racing round the garden.

Hope she's ok.

Yes the pack changes all together depending who you have in. I will never get over Sheena's transformation from a dog who didn't want to know other dogs at all. Who became so attached to the Viz, battered heck out of them when play fighting and chased them everywhere but snuggled up to them too. She worshipped her boys. They're all so adaptable. I guess I will look back and reflect on Scooby too.

My vet had a pack of 7 staffies and 1 rottie.

The 'boss' was the rottie, who disciplined the other dogs if they stepped out of line. If any of them dared to go out the gate he chased them and brought them back( He lived out in the middle of the country).

When the rottie died, he said, all hell let loose in the pack.

Two of the bitches started fighting. It was so bad that he had to keep them completely separate.

Fortunately, he had a big house that could accommodate them and a grown up family- his son was also a vet in the practice- so was able to cope.

Yep, Kai and Tiffy have both changed a lot since Stanley died. I think he left all his naughty habits to Tiffy in his will as she has suddenly started to do things that he used to do - yesterday she demolished a plastic toy box, something she's never done in the 2 and half years she's been with me but Stanley did regularly! Kai has become little boy lost and seems to have lost a lot of his confidence - he doesn't like being the "big" boy. We're going to be adopting an older staffie boy soon (everything crossed) and a podenco in March so it will be interesting to see how much that changes the dynamics again.

my Ebbi never changes no matter who comes and goes but Kizzy seems much more settled since Pixi came. I think she has brought out the motherly,protective instinct in Kizzy. So despite the fact that she destroys beds at an alarming rate,Pixi was the right choice.x