UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cesar Millans - Daddy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can find clips of his programmes on you tube.

Turn off the sound and watch the dogs expressions and reactions.

The illusion( named after his wife) collar is designed to hold a slip lead up under the ears- normally it slips down- so that it is ' more effective', See the following link

http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/products/i-collar.php

I didnt like the shcok collar show (farm one)......but i didnt know what other options he had :unsure: he didnt leave it with them and only shocked dog twice!!! but thats still aint good and i aint saying its right....but its a very hard call!!!!

I saw one older couple who had pronged collar on dobie .........he said he wouldnt normally use them but owner wanted to use them and he went with what they were using for continuity........like you said a good trainer would say no ....you should use XYZ......... but we dont know what they say off screen and camera can just show what it wants!!!

But i wish i knew a pack that good and solid as his as there are many a dog i know (one being in this house) who doesnt knwo how to greet dogs ect but if i know he would just melt into a pack and 'get it' which is something we as humans can nevere teach i dont think!!

it wants!!!

But i wish i knew a pack that good and solid as his as there are many a dog i know (one being in this house) who doesnt knwo how to greet dogs ect but if i know he would just melt into a pack and 'get it' which is something we as humans can nevere teach i dont think!!

Angela Stockdale works with aggressive dogs using other dogs

You can check out her website here http://www.dogpartnership.co.uk/

I am sorry but Cesar Milan needs a shock collar on himself. :mad:

Yes he worked wonders with Daddy, but I can not condemn him using prong collars, shock collars and him Alpha rolling dogs. :(

I know tv channels tend to cut clips etc, but from what I have seen of him, he is a bully.

Just my opinion.

Kazz x

We had a women turn back up at the rescue recently to get her newly adopted dog chipped, that was wearing a prong collar. Rescue went barmy- told her she had to either leave the collar or we'd take the dog back. Her trainer had told her to use it because the dog pulled!! It was a 10mth old pup. Told her to change her trainer to some one who actually knew about dogs, no need to use a collar bought from internet when there are so many other options on the market.

I used to like him til I started to hear bout the use of treadmills to wear the dogs out before doing any training, shock collars, prong collars. Went off him after that

I know of three episodes where he uses a shock collar, the one already mentioned, one where he uses one on Daddy to train him to keep away from snakes and this one KOMO News the dog in question is about half way through the clip.

I seen this one.

One of his dogs die from a snake bite and he want to avoid this happening to daddy.

I have opinions like every one else on every forum on the internet. Some people agree some don't and i don't know who is going to agree and who will disagree.

If no other training method worked i would rather give my dog a shock than see him lying on the floor dead from a snake bite.

The problem with using shock collars is that it's a bit hit or miss what the dog associates with the shock, the person might think it's obvious it's the presence of the snake that is associated with the shock, but nobodies told the dog that, it could just as easily be associated with the presence of the person, a plane going past, someone coughing.......take your pick.

The problem with using shock collars is that it's a bit hit or miss what the dog associates with the shock, the person might think it's obvious it's the presence of the snake that is associated with the shock, but nobodies told the dog that, it could just as easily be associated with the presence of the person, a plane going past, someone coughing.......take your pick.

A friend of mine managed to get a deerhound bitch out of a home where they were using a shock collar to stop her chasing sheep.

They bought a dog and a bitch pup for their 7 and 8 year old children and expected them to be 'Lassie'. No training, never on lead, walked by the children over the fields adjoining their house( so no need for lead) and were surprised when the dogs jumped the fence and went after the sheep.

After the bitch brought down a sheep the husband bought a shock collar in America, and started using it on the bitch.

Eventually we managed to get the bitch out- they wouldn't give up the dog- and the first morning my friend's husband prepared to take her out with his other deerhounds,

When he put on his barbour jacket and cap the bitch became a quivering wreck. Once he took them off she was okay.

Anybody reckon that the husband dressed in a barbour jacket and cap when he took her out to 'train her'?

It didn't stop her chasing sheep but she was terrified of anyone wearing these clothes.

:(

I don't suppose it occured to them to walk her somewhere away from sheep :angry:

No, no, no! That was not the idea at all.

These dogs were supposed to be 'Lassie' and hang around the house and garden, in the middle of farming country, and amuse themselves until the kids came home from school and took them ' over the fields'.

What made it worse,in my opinion, was the wife was a farmer's daughter, but when the bitch pulled the sheep down she didn't go to check it. She assumed, since the farmer hadn't been at the door, that it was okay.

It took a lot of perseverence to get the bitch out of that home. The dog was a much more docile nature and just followed the bitch. They wouldn't rehome him.

The breeder who sold them two litter siblings had a lot to answer for. But then she had two 16 week old pups that she hadn't been able to sell and gave then a 'special deal'.

I really can't care less how well this Milan guy comes across on telly, but if he uses prong and shock collars, and "confronts a dog with his fears" by pinning him up against the wall, he ain't no trainer in my book, but someone who terrorises dogs in to submission. :mad: :mad:

Kiera has got a very strong chasing instinct - if it moves or she can make it move, it's game! - and Sparky is a very nervous, sensitive, fearful little guy, who occasionally will give a big mouth to hide his insecurities. I would never forgive myself if I'd let this Milan guy lose on them, and he'd torture Kiera with a shock collar, and pin Sparky against a wall, and make him wear a prong collar to stop him from pulling when the fire works scare him :mad: :mecry: I reckon the guy is someone who provides quick fixes for people who are too damn lazy and ignorant to want to spend time with their dogs to find out what makes them tick. :mad: :mad: :(