UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Malcolm's 7th!

BillyMalc

I know it's a tiny bit early to post, BUT ......... tomorrow is Malcolm's 7th Gotcha Day !!!!!!!!

I've been a bit :mecry: :wub: :biggrin: all weekend, just thinking about the last year and everything we've been through. This time last year I was so happy that he'd at least made it to his 6th Gotcha Day, after he had been diagnosed with T-cell lymphoma in August '07. I just thought that, as long as he'd make it past christmas, everything else would be a bonus. Then, in March of this year, Mal was diagnosed with leishmania, which really put the icing on the cake :mecry:

Ever since we've started treatment though, both for his lymphoma and his leishmania, Malcolm has grown from strength to strength, and at this moment I can safely say that he is stronger, more energetic and more confident than he's ever been before :bigheart3:

Just a few piccies of my gorgeous man:

Looking rather regal in Delamere forest in March:

Delamere240308011.jpg

On 'holiday' with me and my mum in the Lake District in May:

Ambleside2021052008009.jpg

Ambleside2021052008021.jpg

Winning 2 (!!) rosettes at his first ever fun dog show! :biggrin: This was the first time that I felt that Mal would feel confident enough to be comfortable - and he was, as soon as he understood that there were treats to be had! :D He obviously was so confident and at ease that he managed to get a bit of eye shut inbetween classes :laugh:

TattonDogShow030808014.jpg

Enjoying the sunshine during a walk in Eccleston:

Eccleston12102008003.jpg

Being nosey during our holiday in Northumberland:

Northumberland02071108022.jpg

And enjoying watching Anne Robinson presenting The Weakest Link :laugh:

Northumberland02071108017.jpg

Taken last week, in the snow during an early morning walk in Chorlton Water Park

CWP07122008011.jpg

We've kind of celebrated Mal's Gotcha Day today with a nice long walk in the woods by the airport. I wanted to take pictures, but the combination of dense fog and a flat battery didn't really help. Mal's had a Hotterdog fleece in royal (!) navy, which he loves. After today it's gonna have its first wash though, coz it's filthy!! We all really enjoyed our walk though, and extra treats. For dinner we had thick pea soup with greens and smokey tofu, which I know Mal loves, with pudding afters, and to celebrate a little bit tomorrow too we'll be having ratatouille, which has appeared to be another one of his favourites.

My 'Mr' Malcolm, I could never tell you how much I love you but I think you already know :bigheart3::bigheart3::bigheart3:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishing Mal a very deserved 7th Gotcha Day :biggrin:

I've spent the whole year following Mal's helter skelter progress and I have to agree, it is really special for him to be here and to be so well.

Enjoy your special day Mal and enjoy all the treats :partytime:

And a :GroupHug: for you Billy as I'm sure you'll shed a tear or two tomorrow.