UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Our Weekend In The Lake District

Wendbert

Only a week late :rolleyes:

We had a lovely few days in the Lake Distrct last weekend. On the way to our cottage in Ennerdale we called in on Marion and had a walk down to Derwent Water with George and Archie :wub:

aFriday2.jpg

aFriday1.jpg

aFriday3.jpg

aFriday4.jpg

After more coffee and chatting, we headed over to the cottage. Wiggle got comfy in front of the fire:

aFriday5.jpg

While Sir H pulled funny faces in his sleep on the sofa:

aFriday6.jpg

aFriday7.jpg

Saturday morning, we were up bright and early and headed to Ennerdale Water for a frosty walk

aSaturday3.jpg

aSaturday1.jpg

aSaturday2.jpg

Despite the cold, Wiggle was in the water

aSaturday4.jpg

But then found himself a stick

aSaturday5.jpg

(more to come)

From the rest of the walk, the stick went everywhere with Wiggle

aSaturday6.jpg

aSaturday7.jpg

After stopping off at the cottage to check on Sir H (he wouldn't have been up for our long walks) and a coffee to warm up, Wiggle and I headed off to the sea at St Bees. Wiggle got wet

aSaturday8.jpg

But preferred to stay in the dry with his tennis ball

aSaturday9.jpg

We had a coffee stop in the sunshine before going back to the cottage. Then all 3 of us went walking in the grounds of the farm.

Despite being later in the afternoon, the ground was still frosty!

aSaturday10.jpg

Wiggle was busy with a newly found stick

aSaturday11.jpg

While Sir H had a wallow

aSaturday12.jpg

On Sunday morning, we drove to the very beautiful Wast Water

aSunday1.jpg

Wiggle went exploring

aSunday2.jpg

aSunday3.jpg

Then a fellside rest stop in the sunshine

aSunday4.jpg

aSunday5.jpg

Monday morning saw another frosty start and after packing our stuff, we were going to see Marion again. As I drove off the main road and into Keswick, we got very excited as it had snowed!!

We went for a lovely walk at Thirlmere where it was so cold, the water running down the fell had frozen!

aMonday1.jpg

Wiggle & Sir H weren't put off by the cold water

aMonday2.jpg

And neither was George

aMonday3.jpg

Wiggle was pleased to find another stick

aMonday4.jpg

After walking some more we got back to the cars and had to say goodbye to Marion, George and Archie and we made our way home.

It was a lovely weekend, very relaxing and loads of lovely walks. The cottage itself was great, cozy and comfortable with everything we needed and having the 30 acres of farmland and river to walk in was fab too. The Cottage :wink:

I just love the photos of Sir H asleep

I wouldn't mind a weekend in that cottage myself!

Wastwater is my favourite lake and Wasdale it's where "The biggest liar" contest got started. ( The Bogart!)

The fell in the middle of the last photo Wendy is Scafell - England's highest "mountain"

Great photos and well done for getting George to look at the camera!

Lovely lovely pictures of some of my favourite Refuge dogs out and about in just gorgeous surroundings!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Definitely want to take my raucous lot there - but it ssays "up to 2 dogs allowed" - :unsure: Might be worth it getting in touch with cottages4u to see how strict they are about that.