UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

I am furious. I just rang the DWP to see if there was any chance of my DLA getting to my bank before Xmas. They said that last friday (almost a month since I got my DLA awarded) they noticed a mistake on the form so they have sent it back to be amended by office 1. If/when the other office get around to it they will send it back to office 2 and then they will process it. I kicked up a hell of a stink and they promised to chase it up. Yeah,I bet !!! :mad: x

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My youngest son [has some special needs], goes to Forest school every Wednesday afternoon, he loves it, comes home covered in mud, i have to drain the pond water out of his wellies, but it's really good for him. :)

I am most wibbleth, my 84 year old Mom, is having a hip replacement op tomorrow, she is very frail, and we are all very worried for her.

RMF, met Marge on Saturday (houndrus) with a handover of

a lovely collie x called Sherry for the Oldies Club :wub: :wub:

My OH wanted to keep her :laugh:

I think Marge already belongs to someone :unsure:

Claire1976 - what type of toilet have you got and what do you mean by it keeps flushing. Do you mean water seems to be going into the toilet cistern for ages after? Depending on your description can mean different things have gone wrong. All easily fixable probably.

The hamster probably needs a new home because if it happened to bite one of the children the staff may not be allowed to apply plaster, cream etc.

Hope the op goes well Penny. :GroupHug:

Cher keep on at them. Hope 2nd office deal with it quickly for you. :GroupHug: I've found it depends who you talk to what kind of service you get.

Fergus is hounding me to take him out. Keeps shoving his face into mine. Am just finishing my coffee then I'll toddle off with him. It went dark very early tonight but it has been raining a lot.

Edited by Jacobean

Evening :)

I have spent a marvellous first day back at work writing a blooming court statement :rolleyes: I think I might be doing a bit more of that in the post Baby P panic :unsure: It appears social services are finally acting on some of the families we've been pushing about for a while.

Good thoughts for Penny's mum and also for Julia's friend going through a bad patch.

Jules, glad to hear you are getting some response to your pushing.

There is a forest school at the country park where we go walking most days. We often meet groups of youngsters including those with special needs, they obviously love it there.

Hamster aka Bubbles is coming to me on Wednesday afternoon. I will be needing to rehome it at some point, so if anyone knows a nice family who won't kick it out due to health & safety.... :rolleyes:

Penny, I hope your Mum does well. My 76 year old Mum gets a new knee next week so I will be wibblething with you, too.

Cher, hope you get it sorted ok :flowers:

Marion, stop smiling :whaa:

:GroupHug: good thoughts for your mum tomorrow, Penny :flowers:

Last night wasn't a fluke, Bran really *has* become a proper retriever :biggrin: I took a squeaky tennis ball to the park this morning to distract him from more wombling (thanks Joe :rolleyes: ) but he went straight in and found a discarded book to carry around :laugh: However, Flora heard the squeak of the ball and the whole concept of "walking" was transformed into running and chasing and wrestling :wub: Bran found himself a stick to carry just before we left and proudly brought it home to show the kids :rolleyes: It is now living in the garden and he keeps trying to sneak it in to the house when I'm not looking :jealous:

We got all Christmas presents wrapped this afternoon :smug-1: The kids helped me for the first time ever so it was a much quicker affair than usual! Whilst wrapping, we had a rather mature discussion about the concept of Father Christmas and I have discovered that neither of them are believers :( In a way, I'm very relieved because I've always had a big problem with playing along with the myth because the foundation of our family rules is No Lies and it felt like I was betraying them. Tis a bit sad that they've grown up though :mecry:

I am now going to fetch a whole bunch of Very Useful kitchen stuff from a Freecycler and am hoping to be able to collect a WORKING chest freezer too :partytime:

Edited by dirtychicken

Evening all

Was it t me or did anyone else have trouble posting this morning (early, so perhaps the noo hamsters were still asleep :sleep: )

:GroupHug: Penny's mum for her operation.

Dex has gone really wierd :unsure: he's currently upstairs doing quiet barking and whinging, When I go up he'll come to the top of the stairs and just stand there :unsure:

Mrs Oook if no one wants Bubbles he can come and live with me :wub:

Spins that's a classic bloke trick, do something wrong enough times and you'll stop them doing it :D