UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Past Lives

Melp

I know I risk sounding like a madwoman :rolleyes:

I'm not a believer in God or any other strange forces however I keep my options open just in case [and I've believed what ashti told me about my pets so I guess I must believe in something :unsure: ]

Don't know why I'm mentioning this now really but it just feels right.

When Trev and I were thinking of moving back to Nottingham I orginally wanted to go to Beeston where I'd spent a large portion of my childhood. Long Eaton, where I live now is about 4 miles from Beeston.

In Beeston I'd lived on a 1970's housing estate and Long Eaton always seemed really old fashioned to us [lots and lots of Victorian houses]

Anyway, Trev likes older houses and as this is close to the motorway it made sense to move here rather than Beeston and we bought a victorian semi.

We'd been here a few months when I got pregnant with Sam and he was born in the house [not this one, we moved in here when he was 9 months old]

We had Charley when Sam was 11 months.

Sam used to go to a childminder two days a week and when he started talking properly he told her about his "other Mummy"

I questioned him about this and he said his other Mummy had brown curly hair and glasses and wore pink dresses lived "down there" [he used to point to a street close to where we live but not oe we ever go down] his other Mummy was older than me and there was no other Daddy, just Sam, his Mum and Charley :wacko:

He said he lived with his other Mummy "before" but could never say before what. He often used to mention her [quite often we'd be driving past the road and he'd say "thats where my other Mummy lives"

Once he got to about 4 he stopped mentioning her and can't now remember anything about the conversations.

Sam and Charley have always had a strong bond and from day one she's been so good with him [she's good with all kids to be honest but this feels like something extra special, maybe I'm imagining it tho] she'll often seek him out for a cuddle and ALWAYS goes into his room last thing at night, gives him a sniff then goes up to bed with me. She's never bothered doing that to Ellis even though I check on both kids before bed.

I dunno, am I mad or is there something in this past lives thing?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that interesting..........I do believe in re-incarnation, no real reason, although I have been told by three different psychics that I was drowned as a witch in a previous life, but it just seems impossible to me that the essence of a person can just disappear when their shell dies, I certainly don't believe in god, and have a bit of an aversion to any religion ( I think it's just a way to keep the masses in line). Some people think that you meet the same souls over and over again, some one who had been your wife in one life might turn up as your child in another. Others think that you keep repeating a life cycle untill you reach perfection...........I think I must be on my last re-incarnation :laugh:

I think it's one of them thing we will never know for sure until we die, than when we come back we won't remember :rolleyes:

My third son, spent ages in his cot chatting happily to somebody in the bedroom and there was nobody there :unsure:

My youngest son often talked about a past life where he was a son of a baker. He used to say about getting up early morning and baking the bread.

So who knows :wacko:

I don't see any particular reason to believe in reincarnation, but it would be hard to disprove it. I rather hope it's not true though, I'm hoping for some sort of relaxing heaven type place where I get to spend a lot of time snoozing and eat a lot of seafood and large creamy desserts, myself - reincarnation sounds like awfully hard work! :laughingsmiley:

I think there are probably other equally likely explanations for this particular situation: if I have this correct, very small children spend quite a lot of time with their brains working on comprehending how their world fits together and trying on various scenarios for size: as Sam and Charley are particularly close, it seems entirely likely that Sam would build her into such a story-building exercise or into a particularly realistic dream.

Or if you fancy some more extravagant explanations, maybe Sam has an analog self in a different universe who lives in a slightly different location but with the same dog (The Star Trek explanation).

Or maybe there is a child called Sam living in that area who also has a dog called Charley (or perhaps one of Charley's littermates) and is telepathic and is broadcasting his life to the world. (The Buffy explanation).

Or perhaps a child with a dog lived there many years ago has sent some sort of ghostly apparition message (the Medium/ Cold Case explanation: I think this one is unlikely because with that sort of plot you practically always get a body dug up at some point, so you'd have heard more about it)....

Another Star Trek explanation would be that Charley is actually an alien and is controlling Sam for her own ends using mysterious scenarios that nobody can see. But that's more of a Next Generation type Star Trek, not one of the more recent ones. However, if dog-aliens land on earth and Sam is nominated spokesperson for mankind, you will know it is correct...#

Oooh, I could go on explaining this all day, it's great fun... :oneeyed02:

Edited by cycas

My friends daughter told us how to make proper porridge one day and how much easier it was now than with the other ovens, all that blackleading was a nightmare, she was 2 at the time and had never eaten porridge :ohmy:, my other friends daughter used to talk about her chapel hat she used to have she again was around 2, this was from a very roman catholic family who as far as we knew never used the words chapel hat!

So I believe that young children can remember what was before whilst their minds are still devolping, once they start to fill with todays memories yesterdays begin to fade

My friends daughter told us how to make proper porridge one day and how much easier it was now than with the other ovens, all that blackleading was a nightmare, she was 2 at the time and had never eaten porridge :ohmy:, my other friends daughter used to talk about her chapel hat she used to have she again was around 2, this was from a very roman catholic family who as far as we knew never used the words chapel hat!

To be fair though, that really only works as evidence if the children have not been watching telly, or listening to the radio or very old people, all of which are kind of difficult to eliminate definitively. One accidental twiddle of a radio dial onto some audio history program or overhearing in a waiting room, and you could have a child who 2 months later when you've forgotten all about it, refers to chapel hats or blackleading or talks authoritatively about porridge....

I'm sure I've read stories of this kind pre-dating the era of mass media though, and they are certainly fascinating. Problem is though, even if you do get something that's demonstrably very weird and unlikely, like someone suddenly able to speak in perfect central Mercian dialect or something seriously bizarre like that, it's not really proof of reincarnation, it's evidence that they've got information that they could not reasonably be supposed to have picked up via normal channels and that somehow they've summoned it out of the ether. Which is still fabulously marvelous and weird and extremely interesting, of course.

I think there are probably other equally likely explanations for this particular situation: if I have this correct, very small children spend quite a lot of time with their brains working on comprehending how their world fits together and trying on various scenarios for size: as Sam and Charley are particularly close, it seems entirely likely that Sam would build her into such a story-building exercise or into a particularly realistic dream.

Or if you fancy some more extravagant explanations, maybe Sam has an analog self in a different universe who lives in a slightly different location but with the same dog (The Star Trek explanation).

Or maybe there is a child called Sam living in that area who also has a dog called Charley (or perhaps one of Charley's littermates) and is telepathic and is broadcasting his life to the world. (The Buffy explanation).

Or perhaps a child with a dog lived there many years ago has sent some sort of ghostly apparition message (the Medium/ Cold Case explanation: I think this one is unlikely because with that sort of plot you practically always get a body dug up at some point, so you'd have heard more about it)....

Another Star Trek explanation would be that Charley is actually an alien and is controlling Sam for her own ends using mysterious scenarios that nobody can see. But that's more of a Next Generation type Star Trek, not one of the more recent ones. However, if dog-aliens land on earth and Sam is nominated spokesperson for mankind, you will know it is correct...#

Oooh, I could go on explaining this all day, it's great fun... :oneeyed02:

All of which would fit perfectly in our household :laugh: :laugh:

I believe in reincarnation ...but like others, I don't believe in God, which sounds contradictory.

My godmother spoke fluent French and German, but not Latin or Italian in any form. When she and my mother were on holiday once, they visited the site of some ruins of Pompeii or something (not too clear, it's years ago now!) Prue was wheel chair bound so couldn't do it herself, but she told my mother to go to a certain spot and dig around with her fingers, she'd find something....she did, and came up with a piece of frieze with writing on it. Prue told her what it said, though she didn't understand how she knew, or how she knew it was there! They took it home carefully wrapped and hidden in their luggage and got a translator to read it, and she was exactly right. She can't have seen anything on tv, read anything...she had to have been there before, in another life.

Maybe reincarnation explains musical genius, such as children aged three or four who can compose and play the piano amazingly well, they are carrying over a past skill? if I had any, they seem to have been lost somewhere along the way! :laugh:

I looked after a little boy called jack from when he was 4 months to 6 years and when he was little (about 2) he would be quietly playing and all of a sudden would get excited and point saying "theres the baby". We would ask him where and he would point to a place and then after a few minutes would say "babys gone" and go back to playing. He did this for months.x

Really not sure but if it is 'for real' I want to come back as a dog with a really nice owner that spoils me rotten - ooooh the joy of not working, sleeping when you feel like, no social graces to observe, eating until your sick & being massaged & stroked on demand :laugh:

Sam ,if that's true then you're doing a darn good job of it :wink: I'm sure you're dept will be payed off with interest :laugh:

yes Melps,I too do believe in reincarnation, I have some strange feelings my now 2yr old son was not treated so nicely as a baby/child in his previous life :( don't ask me why,it's just a feeling and the way he reacts to things around him