UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Please Send Positive Thoughts For Max

merledogs

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rang the vet to see if Max was ready to be picked up, but they said they had had to stop the transfusion because he'd had a reaction to it and his temperature had started to rise :( They are going to see how he is later but he may have to stay in overnight :(

Oh No :mecry: ...I've been watching this thread and been willing the little chap to win through. He's had so many setbacks but overcome them....hopefully this is just another setback & he'll improve later on. Do you have a time when they'll be able to tell you if he can come home or not this evening.

Thinking of you all & the little chap :GroupHug: . It always seems worse at the weekend. You can't get things done. :(

Edited by poodle person

I hope Max improves tonight.

Most experts don't trust other people's results. They will have their own labs that they use.

My vet told me that he didn't accept other peoples interpretation of xrays, as it depended how good they were at reading an xray. He did say that vets did not get training on reading xrays.

He also always took his own xrays as he knew they were taken correctly then.

Hopefully, he will get a quick appointment. You have had to wait for so long as it is.

:GroupHug: to you all.

We always have to monitor humans having transfusions closely and their temperature going up is the first sign of problems so hopefully they caught it quickly and stopped the transfusion.It sounds like the same sort of monitoring is in place as a safeguard.It isn't that uncommon for this to happen in hoomans if that's any reassurance :flowers:

Hoping Max is back with you very soon :GroupHug: