UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Chicken Thread.

phoebejo

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filmstars already :wub: The two that I shove into the picture are the two born in the night so they're not all fluffed up and able to walk properly yet. Am just waiting for the electric hen to heat up then will be moving them all to the rat cage where I'll get a much better view of them :wub: Turn the sound on and you'll hear them cheeping, that's also the noise I could hear while they were still in their shells. It's soooooo weird holding an egg where you can hear it cheeping and feel the contents moving!

They are gorgeous Cheryl :wub: , congratulations! :bigheart3: :partytime: :bigheart3:

In one of my previous jobs, I would quite often have a box of day old chicks in my office, waiting for a customer to come and collect them. I used to like holding them on their backs in the palm of my hand and tickling their tummies - they used to love it and would nod blissfully off to sleep while I was doing it :wub:

Lots more pics please! :thumbsup_anim:

Aww what cute chickkies! :wub: :wub:

Our girlies were horrified at the snow today, they gave shocked screams and dashed back inside where they bunched up in the doorway eyeing the white stuff in amazment! :laugh:

As all 8 girls sleep in a pile in one nest box I decided that the shed is too big for them and they feel the cold so I bought a chicken house to go inside the shed, that should make them happy and warmer!

Just taken lots more pics :biggrin: I've tried feather sexing and according to that I've got 5 girls and 1 boy. That's too good to be true so we'll wait and see.........

I tried to take photos of them asleep under the electric hen but some woke up.

"Does my bum look big in this?"

DSC01972.jpg

This one just loves posing :wub: Colours are amazing, just like a tortoiseshell cat :wub:

DSC01973.jpg

DSC01975.jpg

DSC01978.jpg

Posing again with Mollys friend:

DSC01979.jpg

Baby crow/calimero/pteradactyl:

DSC01981.jpg

Baby crows twin brother:

DSC01990.jpg

Are you bored yet? :laugh:

Two of the chicks are very very norty :mad: All day they've been as quiet as church mice, they've settled in to their new home very well. Tonight they've all been cuddled lots by the girls and Molly & Emily have each claimed one as their own. These two got extra cuddles and quite enjoyed it. So much so that they've been screaming their heads off demanding attention :mad: I employed tough love and ignored them, Emilys chick took the hint and went to bed but Mollys chick (that first born yellow one) screeched for half an hour solid :mad: I've covered the cage over with a blanket and still she didn't stop :rolleyes: Every time Ian spoke she got louder too :laugh: She must've been exhausted by the time she gave up :rolleyes:

Ian has been very tolerant of them being in the bedroom but he's now asking how long they'll be in here for :laugh: